Author Topic: Turret AI screwed?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline Zarax

Ok, i was doing some weapon tests when i noticed a weird thing...
I had an aeolus cruiser attacking an arcadia station when i noticed two things:
1) Flak fired in all directions except at the arcadia (there was no other ship in mission) :doubt:
2) I armed a couple of turrets with Infyrno clusters and they fired way off the target, something like 90°... :wtf:
Ship AI was set on general, so turrets should have been precise on aiming...
Anyone met this weird thing?
I do not know if it needs to be classified as a bug... :blah:
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I've never seen this, I did make a small chan ge to the turret AI, but if anything it would cause a turret not to fire not fire off corse
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Zarax

I can mail you a couple of screens if you want...
I have an Aeolus firing its flak at an Arcadia, but the flak fires 90° off... as a result if it should fire on its flank it fires in front or behind the ship...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Bobboau
I did make a small change to the turret AI
argh... what and when?  The AI is really easy to screw up.  I thought I knew what I was doing and even I screwed it up once.  What did you change?

Offline diamondgeezer

Remember that the Aeolus has turrets which are off the vertical and thus bend the rules somewhat. Are these the offending turrets, Zarax?

Offline Zarax

The problematic turrets are the ones on top, plus now piranha like weapons do not fire.
I've seen the same problem in the latest Hamano ship, that fenris-like heavy cruiser...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
what is with people taliking all ye olden days like all of the sudden?

anyway, in the code that fires a turret, I put in the last second a model colision ditection with the hull of the ship  to make sure it wouldn't fire through it'self,  it' doesn't mess with the target vector or anything, all it dost is tells it not to fire if it's shot is going to goest through it's hull

ok, so the screwed up language is caused by some Peer of the Realm (admin :mad: ) messing with the posting code, :rolleyes: arg...
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together