Author Topic: FS Mud!  (Read 1371 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look Is there a FS Mud anywhere on the internet.I ask this beacuse I saw a Starwars mud some time ago a babylon 5 mud etc.So i wondered if there is a FS mud or if enyone can make one to be played on the intenet..!
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Mud? lolol What the hell is *mod* in english besides the abreviation of modification?

Anyway, the only *mods* I know of are in here (to lazy to put a simple link).

http://archives.volitionwatch.com/fs1/mods/index.php3
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Multi User Dungeon.
Text based MMORPG's, originate from way back when and are still played a lot.

I don't think there is a freespace mud.  Text-based spsace combat could work but I don't see too many people jumping at that.

Offline Arculis

Well, typically MUDs don't consist of action-packed space shooting like FS2's got, they'd just be a typical MUD based on the Freespace universe. In other words, you'd get to play the role of some guy stuck onboard a destroyer washing dishes for a living. Or maybe not. But the StarWars universe wast a lot more interesting for individual people. :P

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
you're talking a text-based roleplay here, like a CGWRP (creative group-writing role play)

there's hoardes of them out there, all with their pros and cons, if you want to see the satire arising from them :p

http://elfonlyinn.keenspace.com
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline diamondgeezer

Found a cool Tron one once, but I couldn't make it work...

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I used to be a big MUD player, I often found myself playing MUSH'S more though (Multi User Shared Halucinations) those type of games were always more role-play based than level-up, hack and slash.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yeah but those tend to lead to MUDN (multi-user deranged nightmares)

MUD's were fun, but text-based space combat isn't going to catch on these days ;) There have been a few Multiplayer Freespace fps' started, but none ever finished alas :(

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Tin Can is quite hang up on the Half-Life 2 Modding tools...you never now.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan