Author Topic: whatever happened to the Robotech mod?  (Read 1473 times)

whatever happened to the Robotech mod?
back in the days of volitionwatch (planet FS, PXO, Squadwar, and the first time the source code was released...) , i remember a team building a Robotech/Macross Mod for FS2... whatever happened to it? I already saw some screens before but now, it seems like its been completely wiped out! Any comments?:nod:

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Don't have to post it on more than one forum, everybody will eventually get around to it
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
robotechlan.com/freespace2

The team released a v4 right before they left. Some members are still aroumd, however, including me, Gortef, and Nico (venom)

thanks for the heads up :) wasnt quite sure where to post it at first... will delete the other one then :)

Too bad no one seems interested to complete it... :(

just dloaded it, finished the the first and ONLY 3 missions and i honestly say, it is pretty TRIPPY! although it's unbelieveably incomplete, it just leaves soooo many things to be desired eg, anims for the VF-1's and such, anims for the pods (take note, im not a hadcore fan of robotech either)... a comprehensive storyline to to follow -all data in ROBOTECH.com among other things... I guess all it needs is a little support from the community and a lot of imagination from YOU skilled modders out there *winky wink*  i WILL help out in my limited capacity as a 3d modeller (3ds max) and i hope to see this mod resurrected again.... IMHO :) ....imagine quake style action in space... with hornet style missiles having that crescent style hit effects....... hmmmm.........
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 06:40:49 pm by 748 »

here's the clickable link btw :nervous:

http://www.robotechlan.com/freespace2/