Author Topic: Wierd .obj non-bug?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
This is only really going to be of use to modellers and as a point of interest, but I thought I'd mention it..

Ok, now I created a model that had two different objects per debris chunk. PCS didn't much like compiling it, I think because of this two object/two texture format, so I fixed it the only way I know how, which is I got the object as a .obj file and opened it in Notepad.
In a .obj file the letter g represents the start of a new object, so by deleting the 'g' that seperated the two debris objects, I created a single object with two different textures mapped onto it. Strange way of doing it, I know, but it's pretty fast and works, which is all I really ask ;)

Now, the wierd part is when I convert the model to cob and compile it into a pof, Modelview and PCS don't show the second texture name in their texture lists, however the game appears to use the texture, at least they certainly use the glowmaps, I can't be absolutely certain about the second non-glow one due to the fact the one I'm using atm seems to be too dark to tell :(

Edit : Even wierder, loaded it into modelview, which didn't display it, altered something, saved it, opened it in PCS, and now PCS does display the texture name.

I dunno, remind me not to do that again ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 01:23:32 pm by 394 »