Author Topic: the new Iraqi flag  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
The Iraqi Governing Council has approved a new Iaqi flag to symbolize the new Iraq free from Saddam. The guy in charge of selecting a new flag just called up his brother in London and told him to design one. And now they're claiming that it was the best from a number of proposals, despite the fact that the guy who designed it said his brother made no mention of a competition.

Old

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New

The Iraqi people hate it. They say it looks too much like the Israeli flag, and they want to have the red, black and green like every Islamic nation around them. Just shows how out of touch the IGC is. The old flag has quickly become a matter of national honour. People who support the new flag are seen as collaborators while the insurgents proudly rally under the old.

Oh, the two blue stripes are supoposed to be the Tigris and the Euphrates, while the gold stripe in the middle is supposed to be the Kurds.

Gotta say, this is a particularly heavy-handed move. Its just one more reason for normal Iraqis to hate the US and the IGC.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 01:18:00 pm by 644 »

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Is this the new version or the old one?

The governing council, after receiving pretty angry feedback, decided to change the flag... but making the blue darker!

Clever move, dudes!
lol wtf

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
That's the gayest thing I've seen since they tried to get some black stripes put in the Union Jack to appease the politically correct bastards.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
WHY DO THE ****ING KURDS DOMINATE THE LAND BETWEEN EUPHRAT AND TIGRIS :mad: :mad2: :hopping: ;)

:lol: Well, that's at least what it looks like.
lol wtf

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
I got bored and irate:

----------------------------------------------------
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat

Offline Gank

Does look out of place
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 02:27:56 pm by 723 »

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Originally posted by Rictor
Oh, the two blue stripes are supoposed to be the Tigris and the Euphrates, while the gold stripe in the middle is supposed to be the Kurds.
I take it the round thing is a crater then?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL I bet the Iraqis are going to love having a Yellow stripe on their flag, talk about rub their face in it!

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
It looks like 2 flags joined together...

Now where have I seen the lower part? :nervous:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Originally posted by Gank
Does look out of place

Yes. If they're gonna make em a new flag   :doubt:   they could at LEAST use their colors. Or let them choose their flag    :nod:
Carpe Diem Poste Crastinus

"When life gives you lemons...
Blind people with them..."

"Yah, dude, penises rock." Turambar

FUKOOOOV!

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
Originally posted by Ghostavo
It looks like 2 flags joined together...

Now where have I seen the lower part? :nervous:

S-S-S-Sweden?!
lol wtf

Offline Grey Wolf

If they don't want to use the old flag, they could go for an older flag:
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
SKABBADABADO BIBA BOBIBABO

edit: He's dead, though. :(
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 05:13:21 pm by 1621 »
lol wtf

Offline Grey Wolf

Now Janos, that was uncalled for. We were having a (semi-)serious discussion here.
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
We are? Damn.

Offline Grey Wolf

You fall under the (semi-) heading, since your random, off topic tangents are highly amusing, as opposed to "SKABBADABADO BIBA BOBIBABO".

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
Well, I certainly have a semi.

And if you've actually missed what Janos' post was in reference to, I'm going to string you up by the balls and burn you alive, you capitalist dog.

*gets into the spirit of the thread*

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Originally posted by Gank
Does look out of place

Something seems out of place....I can't quite put my finger on it.

...oh I know, the Syrian flag is way off the mark. They really ought to consider changing it.

also, WTF are those two wierd flags beside the United Arab Emirates? They're just silly.....

edit: Oh, one of them in Bahrain. What's the other one? And for that matter, who designed these things?

..maybe its abstract or something. Pollock would be proud.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 05:52:57 pm by 644 »

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Rictor
edit: Oh, one of them in Bahrain. What's the other one? And for that matter, who designed these things?
Politicians whose first choice of profession was graphic artist, but they couldn't cut it.