Author Topic: Any guys out there willing to help a busy mod leader? (OPEN TO NEWBIES, TOO!)  (Read 4057 times)

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Any guys out there willing to help a busy mod leader? (OPEN TO NEWBIES, TOO!)
Myself, really.  Just practicing making missions to get a bit better at it.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, JC, Moonsword, what can you guys do in tables? :D

I can *try* to write stuff in, based on the FS entries.  My knowledge consits of reading them (primarily ships and weapons) trying to fix where modders have screwed up and left files out.  *glares in Noise's general direction*

I can edit and try to add new entries, but I won't gurantee that it'll work.  I've never done much of this before.  I can read them without a problem, for the most part, and I ahve somewhat similar experience with reading datafiles, albeit, better formatted ones.
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline Peter

Its not that hard, I'm working on it now, and I can give you some help if you get stuck.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Alright. Peter, could you please send him the basic stuff i sent you, and give him the skinny on what you're doing?
A note, Moonsword: if it's in the tables that Peter gives you (the defualt ones that I sent you Peter) leave them. They're all meant to be in there. Thanks for helping! :)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Seems like your making replacements pretty well :):yes: good
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
I've played around a lot with almost all of the tbl files, though I've got the most experience with the ships and weapons tables, since I've got a habit of doing a mix-n-match game with all the mods available.  Given a general idea of what I'm trying to do, and enough time to poke at the things, I can get something close to the desired results.

I'm good at writing fluff, so I can do tech descriptions, if need be.  I'm also available as a proofreader for said tech descriptions and even mission brief/debrief/dialogue.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
JC, did you get the cores I sent you?

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
No, I haven't.  If you've got some webspace, could you stuff them up on it and PM me a link?  Hotmail's being an ass again, apparently.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Damnit....I sent it, and it apparantly went through, as I have not recieved a "Could not send" notice.

I don't have any public webspace that I could host this on. Do you have any ideas?

Offline Peter

I have some webspace. I am setting up a FTP account so we can send files between each other.

If you check your PM's the login should be in there.