Author Topic: What do you /really/ want?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
What do you /really/ want?
to come out of the SCP?

I'm actually awaiting skybox implementation to be perfected, and that somebody makes more complex city models (that are destructable to a point) for use in various missions.. think rogue squadron with freespace;)

one such case in point would be the fall of vasuda, imagine flying a horus interceptor through a city dodging lucifer beams?:nod:

this is one side, that has, sadly been neglected in some circumstances due to the shinemapping, etc..

this could show so much potential, imagine following an orion destroyer during planet fall.. pure eyecandy, i know, but imagine..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: What do you /really/ want?
Originally posted by Turnsky

one such case in point would be the fall of vasuda, imagine flying a horus interceptor through a city dodging lucifer beams?:nod:

Yes... Imagine that. ;7

Erm, as a final grand completed thing, well I'm not sure. I guess more focus on enhancing FS2s gameplay and the potential for unique missions. More support for atmospherics would go a long way towards this, as would a few other features, like tertiary weapons support.

I'd also like a bit more ambience and immersion added. FS2 does this well, but there's stuff it falls down in, especially with practically unmodifyable huds and, admit it, relatively little differentiatioin between the fighters. It's hard, for example, to distinguish/rank various interceptors or Space superiorities until you've been playing long enough to have a feel for their strengths and weaknesses.

Ultimately though, I think a bigger community is what we all want to see from the SCP, and that's going to require a lot of stuff, starting with the graphical enhancements that we're already developing and the multiplayer ones that we soon will be.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
I read Bobbau and the rest of the team (Sticks, Kazaan and anyone else sorry for not listing all of you) already plan to upgrade the HUD code - it will become fully modable.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

I am waiting for better support for atmospheric combat. That's kind of necressary for Red Tide campaign, including the prequel one.

Imagine that: a destroyer hovering above the city trying to protect it along with it's on-board figher wings, and player with friendly fighters blasting most of it's engines and navigation subsystem to bits, causing it to fall on the city and explode, completly annihilating it in a massive explosion... and all over the battlefield Zero-G soldiers are duking it out, and few cruisers support the destroyer, only to get blasted to bits. And that's not counting the aforementioned fighter wings.
Wouldn't that be cool?

That, and AI upgrades to make it navigate better. It would be *very* useful in, for example, above mission, or a mission that shows an attack on a asteroid fleet base. Currently, AI would crash itself to death.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Better/more uses for persistant variables.

In fact more ability to use variables everywhere. The amount of things I could do with that!
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
*chants*

Better AI...Better AI...Better AI.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Bug fixes!!!

Oh, and a gravitation system would be so cooool.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.