Author Topic: Beta Testers Required  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Hmm maybe I should include some kind of manual with the SCP patch...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Incidentally, when is the SCP patch coming out? :confused:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Woomeister
Some of the missions the loadouts have become corrupted. M14 for example gave you some Shivan weapons even though the FRED list didn't (they were in the mission file) deleting them via notepad corrupted the mission so it took a while to fix.

WHO CARES!? If you get to use Shivan guns, then by all means, just use 'em! ;7
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Cobra
Incidentally, when is the SCP patch coming out? :confused:

Once this last test is over and I'm satisfied that I won't have to repatch it 5 minutes after release :D

Selecting the Shivan guns in m14 caused the game to crash, so it wasn't something that could be left as it was.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I finally got a chance to test this some more and noticed a few things.  This is probably more of a problem with FSO, but when I was flying "High Noon", I finished the mission, but the debriefing said "no debriefing for mission ".  I've encountered this before in Inferno, but that was once when I was trying to fly the last mission in a bomber with Helios torpedoes with the intent of destroying the Gigas.  I got to a point where I guess I exceeded the maximum mission time, and it wouldn't let me fire secondaries anymore.  I jumped out and got that same message, as though no debriefing had been written.  Now, this time, I tried to replay the mission, but my system was becoming bogged down by that point, so I hit escape at the beginning, quit Freespace and rebooted.  Unfortunately, when I restarted and returned to Inferno, selecting resume would being me to "Supplies Needed" (IIRC) rather than back to "High Noon".  I checked the techroom, but it wasn't there either.  I played through "Supplies" and then checked the techroom, but it still wasn't there, so I decided to move on.  I guess I'll have to check it out on my next run through.

For "Supplies Needed", I did notice that the Melanos was not an option to fly... was it intentionally removed from the options for that mission?  On to the mission when you have to scan ships at the Sol Gate.  I first noticed that your fighter is loaded with a bank of Prometheus Advanced, which I don't recall being an EA weapon.  Was this an accident?  Also for that mission, when the Isaus hasn't jumped out yet, the Isaus says that its jump engines are malfunctioning, but that message has the "(secured)" bit in front.  Since this is a reply to an EA ship, it shouldn't be there.

That's all I've noticed so far.  BTW, I like having the Danaus available to fly in "Old Enemies".  It can't dogfight as well as Vesuvius, but the firepower and the ability to carry Cyclops means that it a relatively easy task to deal with the Shivan corvette.  If you can get pretty much between it and the instellation when it jumps in, 2 volleys of Shockers will take out the forward turret, and one volley of cyclops with a pass of disruptors can knock out its engine quickly enough so that it can't jump out.  Then just stay out of its weapons range and bombard it with Shockers until you've take out the turrets, then close in and Cyclops it to death.  Too bad there's no bonus objective for destroying it.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
For "Supplies Needed", I did notice that the Melanos was not an option to fly... was it intentionally removed from the options for that mission?

I changed the campaign file, and that one doesn't have the Menelaos as selectable. It is in the mission still, but the campaign file ignores it as it isn't selected as a default ship. I'll fix that asap.

Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
I first noticed that your fighter is loaded with a bank of Prometheus Advanced, which I don't recall being an EA weapon.  Was this an accident?

I probably changed something in the mission using a newer version of the Inferno build of FRED. We have a bug that resets any changed weapons a ship is carrying on saving the mission back to their table defaults. I just edited it with an old build which should fix that.