Author Topic: Beta Testers Required  (Read 6706 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Beta Testers Required
I had a weird experience playing Inferno last night (well, this morning actually).  I'd already finished the campaign with my recent pilot and decided to try something bold.  I decided to chose a bomber for "Gigas" with some Helios bombs and attempt to destroy the Gigas.  I was hoping the Sniper missiles would be available to take out offending turrets, but allas I had to stick to Shockers.  It took me a long time, as mission time extended beyond 300 minutes, but as I was down to just 15 turrets on the Gigas left to destroy, something happenned... my secondaries stopped firing.  At first, I thought it was a problem with my stick, that the button had worn out, so I decided to bind a keyboard button to it and continue, but it still wouldn't fire.  I briefly recall seeing the time indicator with a negative sign in front of it, but I could be wrong about that.  With the Gigas down to about %40 health, and no way to fire I jumped out, but the view was WAY away from the vortex.  When the mission was completed, the debriefing said that there was no debriefing for that mission... which isn't true.  I can only assume that there's some time limit to missions, hard coded in like the play area limits, that will warn you with treason and destroy you if you get to it.  I'm gonna try it again with a bank of Hastors and a second bank of Shockers, to hopefully speed up the process.

While I'm posting, I'd like to share with you my experience playing "Nemsis" during my lastest campaign run.  Typically, I have to drop down to Very Easy from my standard Easy difficulty, in order to complete that mission, but this time I completed the entire thing on Easy AND, for the first time ever, I made it through without losing a single capital ship.  It was my best performance for that mission EVER!

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I dont know if this has been changed, and it's not really a huge deal, but it got really annoying after playing a while:

Could you add more vasudan voice files so there's some variety?  I mean, instead of the one that ends in something that sounds like "graphiose cherpo" representing everything that is said by a vasudan?
"Outside of a Dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!"--Groucho Marx

http://www.geocities.com/CapsFan9803--My Resume

VOLITION FOR Fs3

Jeez, they aren't V, you can't expect an expert game from them! Not to be mean but, voice acting takes a lot of time, and the files required can be huge.

Originally posted by InfernoGod
Jeez, they aren't V, you can't expect an expert game from them! Not to be mean but, voice acting takes a lot of time, and the files required can be huge.

...no, but they could pull some files from the vanilla FS2 vps...
"Outside of a Dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read!!"--Groucho Marx

http://www.geocities.com/CapsFan9803--My Resume

VOLITION FOR Fs3

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The filesize of the patch is already large enough, and I don't want to start adding more things to the R1 patch.

R2 doesn't use the Vasudan voice files, since I'm cutting anything unecessary to save space.

How is beta testing going on? Is there a change for R1 Patch release in the near future? And when?

Sorry for that, but i canĀ“t wait playing the FSO port of this great mod.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

Hopefully the FPS count of the Icelus has improved.

Average FPS per mission on my system:

M01 90
M02 50
M03 80
M04 70
M06 45
M07 80
M08 85
M09 50
M10 60
M11 40
M12 60
M13 50
M14 55
M15 100

Hopefully all the bugs are gone now, so only the mission editing has to be done, as well as a rebuild of the briefing icon system.

On another note I can't gurantee that Sol a History will work with this version of the mod. It may require its weapons and ships tables updated to remove the old R1 table bugs, and to acomodate renaming of some pof files.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just found another bug.  In Mission 8 when you scan all of the EA ships near the Sol Gate, just as you finish your tasks of scanning all of the EA ships, ending with 2 cruisers, a message is sent congratulating you for scanning the cruisers.  I assume it was supposed to be a secured transmission from the Isaius, but it ended up being sent from one of the EA cruisers.  Another message comes right after thanking your for your overall efforts in scanning all of the ships, and this message IS a secured one from the Isaius, and is done properly.  Its just a simple matter of changing which ship sent the 1st message and adding the "" bit into it.

Later!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Yeah I spotted that one on my last run through, I'll fix it later.

I'm still averaging 100+ fps on every mission.  Now that the Icelus is fixed maybe it will improve even more. :yes:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Ok I have a new build ready which hopefully has less bugs in it. I'd like the people who tested the last version (the ones who bothered to post comments and feedback from the last one) to post in here if they have time to run through the new version.

Basically I just need them to go through the list of errors they have and see if they are gone, and to make sure no new ones have shown up. It shouldn't take too long to do since it should be checking just a few things.

Note there's no time limit so if your busy this week but want to try next week that's no problem.

No new testers please since that'll take longer.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I assume the updated patch is the same filename as the one you PM'ed us when we started testing.  Am I correct?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
It is now :D
It's only 16.5mb this time instead of 40.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I want to test.

Intel Celeron 2.7 GHz
40 GB HD
256 Mb Ram
Basic Video Card
[/Edit] 56 Kbps Modem (Gawd, I HATE 56 Kbps) :mad:

Oh, I've got FS2 Open 3.5.5 and the FRED Open :D. If you send me some missions, I can make them to where they give medals.   :cool:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 10:44:45 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I've noticed that in M3, you've removed the option of flying the Danaus bomber.  I know this because I always like to use this for some serious ordinance against the cruiser.  Following that, I don't remember the Danaus being available to fly in M4, but the I noticed that it was there.  Is this accidental, intentional, or a figment of my imagination (on the second one)?

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Some of the missions the loadouts have become corrupted. M14 for example gave you some Shivan weapons even though the FRED list didn't (they were in the mission file) deleting them via notepad corrupted the mission so it took a while to fix.

The Danaus wasn't really supposed to be in either mission I think.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I played Inferno R1 Chapter 1. Where are teh other ones? Anyway, Mission 1's loadout is screwed up. Everything else is fine, except all the primaries are all at 0. Only missiles. :wtf: . On the other hand, everything is perfect; a damn fine campaign. I, myself, am creating a new campaign. Ain't telling yet, until some real progress is made. I will however, need mappers and voice actors. Just saying to you all, if you're interested. Haven' given it a name yet, I just started on the first mission. :D . Just email me if you're interested.
(Hint: Check me profile :D )
« Last Edit: November 17, 2004, 10:01:29 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Originally posted by Cobra
Mission 1's loadout is screwed up. Everything else is fine, except all the primaries are all at 0. Only missiles. :wtf: .

Sounds like a pilot file error.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hm. How do you fix it?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Cobra
Hm. How do you fix it?

New pilot.