Author Topic: Second Beheading  (Read 7950 times)

Offline PeachE

• Artisté
    • http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~dwhite/main.html
Originally posted by Krackers87
In addition though, i wonder if anyone has literaly sat down and talked to a radical about why they do these things and what they want. I mean i havent heard of that yet, anybody just asking those questions. I would like to do that if i could sit in a room with such a person, without the risk of being imediately disemboweled.

But, has anyone tried this yet? I would like to know the results, and what was said if so.

most of the ones you find online are fake, but there have been a number of such interviews.

here's one i found in a quick google. bin laden and john miller, may 1998. pretty sure it's legit.

Offline Gank

Originally posted by PeachE
he made those remarks but he didn't mention Osama bin Laden. he named Abu Nidal. and the interviewer wasn't Al Gore. i believe it was John Nields.

So he didnt make those remarks then :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jdjtcagle
I'm simply saying that the outcome of this war may not be pretty...
and there is nothing we can do about it.

:nod:  For as long as the US needs middle eastern oil its going to have to fight middle eastern radicals who dont want the US interfering in its business. Bout time people started realising this is a war for oil, not terror.

Originally posted by Falcon X
Just wait and see what America does when a nuke goes off in her borders.  The world has yet to see our wraith.  

You know a wraith is a ghost right?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
You know what he meant you bugger.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Gank

Aye but ya cant let something like that go.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Maybe, but please don't make a simple typo into an insult on his intelligence.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline PeachE

• Artisté
Originally posted by Gank
So he didnt make those remarks then :rolleyes:

he did actually. only one of the lines and the interviewer was changed. you make it sound like the dialogue never took place at all.

Aye but ya cant let something like that go.

I could mention your lovely grammar mistakes, but why do that?
"I am about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminant justice!" -Starcraft

"First rule of government spending, why build one for the price of one, when you can have two for twice the price." - S.R. Hadden (Contact)

Offline Grey Wolf

The funny thing is, by going and worrying about this, you are all doing exactly what the terrorists want you to do.

(Worrying about the beheading, not the grammar)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 10:18:30 pm by 102 »
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

I'd disagree with that.  If it effects how I live my life, than you would be correct, but I'm not going to stay home tomorrow because of this.
"I am about to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminant justice!" -Starcraft

"First rule of government spending, why build one for the price of one, when you can have two for twice the price." - S.R. Hadden (Contact)

Offline jdjtcagle

• Already told you people too much!
Originally posted by Grey Wolf 2009
The funny thing is, by going and worrying about this, you are all doing exactly what the terrorists want you to do.

(Worrying about the beheading, not the grammar)

Good point, but only to those who want to nuke 'em

But, not true to the people who want to just get rid of the terrorist, which I doubt will ever happen.
"Brings a tear of nostalgia to my eye" -Flipside
------------------------------------------
I'm an Apostolic Christian (Acts: 2:38)
------------------------------------------
Official Interplay Freespace Stories
Predator
Hammer Of Light - Omen of Darkness
Freefall in Darkness
A Thousand Years

Offline PeachE

• Artisté
I'd disagree with that.  If it effects how I live my life, than you would be correct, but I'm not going to stay home tomorrow because of this.

tru story. somhow, i'm just not that worried that i'm gonna be kidnapped and beheaded tomorrow on my way to work.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
The point is that if you live in Baghdad, the chance is much higher.  I'm waiting for June 30.  The first Iraqi should be beheaded sometime around then and the terrorists will lose their support.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

You should have, Oliver North never made those remarks and the Mohammed Atta who blew up the bus was a different person than the one connected with sept 11th.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/north.htm
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/atta.htm
Check your facts in future.

Ahh, good to know. Thanks for the clarifications. I normally would have checked such things, but I was rushed at the time - sorry.

On the other hand, I wouldn't trust anything a site says that manages to weasel past Google's pop-up blocker and display 2 pop-ups. But their information is verified on other news sites, so I guess it's legit.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gank

I could mention your lovely grammar mistakes, but why do that?

In the context of what you were saying, your mistake was quite funny.

Originally posted by PeachE

he did actually. only one of the lines and the interviewer was changed. you make it sound like the dialogue never took place at all.

The remarks sandwich posted were never made, they're made up. He said similar things about Abu Nidal but that transcript up there never happened. Read the link I posted too, Oliver North himself issued a statement saying the transcript is bogus. :rolleyes:

Offline PeachE

• Artisté
k - coo' . for whatever reason i thought i remembered seeing a different version of the "transcript", but meh. bad memory.

:rolleyes: @ Gank

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Not nerve-gassing fallujah in response to this is what's supposed to make us better than them.  There shouldn't be a response at all, other than possibly capturing those responsible.  Anything else won't work short term or long term.

This is coming from the person who recommending nerve-gassing Fallujah when Nick Berg was executed.

Don't mistake this for me being sympathetic to the terrorist cells, unlike a few people around here who know who they are.
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It is this which concerns me most of all, this simple fact that we unwittingly give these people carte blanche to be savages simply by expecting them to be. By deliberately fulfilling every American stereotype of 'Evil Arab' vocally and visually a relatively small number have people have almost managed to pit one half of the planet against the other.

That's my opinion at least, and as long as we judge terrorists any less harshly than we would judge the Americans then how can we say we are judging them equally?

Offline Gank

Originally posted by ionia23
There shouldn't be a response at all, other than possibly capturing those responsible.  

Those people were shot dead before this thread was started.
Originally posted by ionia23
Don't mistake this for me being sympathetic to the terrorist cells, unlike a few people around here who know who they are.  

Dont mistake not supporting one side as supporting the other, the world isnt as black and white as you yanks seem to see it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 03:53:16 pm by 723 »

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Dont mistake not supporting one side as supporting the other, the world isnt as black and white as you yanks seem to see it.

Don't get me started on Ireland's wonderful political track record.
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline Gank

What the hell has that got to do with anything? Talk away about Irish politics if you feel you're capable of it, which I seriously doubt.

Btw I presume you're talking about the North here, which is part of the UK:rolleyes: