Author Topic: Fso Pxo  (Read 18990 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
The config file attached to this post (remove the second extension - so it's just fs2open_pxo.cfg)

and their PXO user/pass set to test/test

i have a simple PHP that generates a simple stats table as well

http://kazan.gotdns.org
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I'm able to login
-C

Offline Inquisitor

Give it a shot folks.
No signature.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
gave it a whirl using the 7-01 bob build.
It logged into FS2NetD (does this mean the server is up?) and managed to go through all the way till it requested pilot stats from the server, which timed out. Immediately after that it went to the server screen where you can join or create games, skipping the lobby alltogether (is that normal?)

I can create games here, but I see nobody else online. Anyone care for a game or to host one? :)
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Not right now, but I'll do a standalone.

Everything will be wiped when the real thing is ready, right?

EDIT:
Any specific builds (not) to use for a standalone with this?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 01:11:48 pm by 936 »
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
the stats read script at the URL i posted is not working for the current masterserver

[guys you should ask things like that before splitting]
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Standalone server up.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Originally posted by Kazan
[guys you should ask things like that before splitting]

Eh?
I am right now hosting a standalone on bob's latest test build. If you want I can do a CVS compile, but I'd rather not.

Offline wolfdog

hacked tables error.... I don't have tables in my data folder, but i do the full mediaVP..

is this normal??

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
remove the zpack if you have it. that fixed it for me.
I'll join up Karajoma :)
anyone else willing to play?

The Zpack contains Lightspeeds uberized weapon effects, meaning new tables. You cannot use those with multi.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by kasperl

Eh?
I am right now hosting a standalone on bob's latest test build. If you want I can do a CVS compile, but I'd rather not.

Strange, I dont see any servers up at all.
Is it because we're using different builds or something? If so is it possible to switch to 07-01? the new test build gives FPS droppage like nobody's business :nervous:

Err, gimme a direct link to 01-07 and I'll use it.

The whole thing has been going up and down like crasy, and the standalone server wouldn't even try to acces the net, according to ZA. (Zilch activity from the exe, at any rate.) The normal game does use the net,

I just had a crash, so I will have to reboot, but I don't want to loose this DC++ slot I've been waiting all day for. Gimme 10 min or something.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Err, gimme a direct link to 01-07 and I'll use it.

The whole thing has been going up and down like crasy, and the standalone server wouldn't even try to acces the net, according to ZA. (Zilch activity from the exe, at any rate.) The normal game does use the net,

I just had a crash, so I will have to reboot, but I don't want to loose this DC++ slot I've been waiting all day for. Gimme 10 min or something.

No probs. I'll go off and test my racing mission in the meantime.

Racing mission?

That'd better be something useable for FSCZ.....
(Speaking of FSCZ, when do you think you can get back to serious work for it?)

Server's up, and this one is actually using the 'net.....

Kazan, is there any way you can whip up a quick web viewer for the server list?
I'd like to check if the server is visible, but I only have one computer with a working FS install, and I can't install anything on this laptop.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
Racing mission?

That'd better be something useable for FSCZ.....
(Speaking of FSCZ, when do you think you can get back to serious work for it?)

its more for a new cutscene than anything else.
Eventually, I hope to get it into Multiplayer, but I'm not too good when it comes to that.
We'll see about that later and in a different thread.

Will you be able to join up the server or only watch it? Cause I want people to kill lol :P

Only watch it.

I can't really be bothered with anything right now, I'm waay to tired to focus on anything. I need rest. I am just listening to Counting Crows MP3's, being gloomy, and running some self-sustaining downloading-server **** from my desktop.

EDIT: please post when you join the server, I can't see you on it right now.

Offline Singh

• Degrees of guilt.
I dont see the server.
I cant post when I join it either, since FS2 crashes if I press alt+tab.

Anyways, I cant spot the server at all. perhaps its the firewall?