Author Topic: AWACS support  (Read 2144 times)

Does the AWACS set radius sexp actually work and if so how? I was playing with it a bit to see the difference but there wasn't any.

Nebula was set at 3000 and awacs radius was set at 6000.

------------------
It is said, that in every age there is one singular event that forever changes the world around us.
It is said, that in every age there is one singular event that forever changes the world around us.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
I can already foresse that this thread will degenerate shortly  
SCREW CANON!

Offline Snipes

• http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/us
It already did.

------------------
United Space
Newsie, Modder, Slave to Asta
------------------
"Snipes... Is The Dark Continent."

Offline QXMX

Actually, I think the AWACS radius is fixed, and the radius in the SEXP is the radius in which friendly fighters will pick up the AWACS signals.  I don't know how accurate that is tho  

------------------
.....File not found....please enter password

Co-Creator, GroundZero
ICQ# 117983680

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

Originally posted by QXMX:
Actually, I think the AWACS radius is fixed, and the radius in the SEXP is the radius in which friendly fighters will pick up the AWACS signals.  I don't know how accurate that is tho  

There's an AWACs setting for intensity / radius in the tbl files- maybe this defines the max of the ship, so above a certain range there is no difference.

Originally posted by Darkstar:
Does the AWACS set radius sexp actually work and if so how? I was playing with it a bit to see the difference but there wasn't any.

Nebula was set at 3000 and awacs radius was set at 6000.

That sets the distents that the awacs can show you ships on your radear in a neb.

------------------
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I'm surprised that the defective Setekh class hasn't shown his arrays in here yet...  
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
  You forgot the trademark symbol...

I have no experience with AWACs stuff... I just use SEXPs

------------------
    -Director of the staff of Hidden Terror.
   -Fleet Admiral of The Ancients Armada

The fear always controls our attitude, let us fear no more!