Author Topic: A small question about the Lucifer  (Read 2097 times)

A small question about the Lucifer
Sorry for stupid questions, but right now my FS1 copy is not accessible, and I need the info.

1)Do we know how long did it take for Lucifer to bomb Vasuda Prime? Any, even most vague mention would be immensly useful. [within a day? I heard about 13 hours]
2)Do we know just what exactly happened to Vasuda Prime? I do not remember if it was glassed or just had all life exterminated on it. [I am nearly certain that it was glassing, but I want to be absolutely sure]

It's needed for a campaign, BTW.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 02:48:42 am by 1255 »

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
1. Lucifer used it's super laser on Vasuda prime for 14hrs...i think...
2.  yes it was glassed...  All the cities on the surface where wiped clean of sentient life and any trace of it ever existing...

i hope i could be of help.
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline mrfun

There is a line in the FS1 command briefing goes something "The Lucifer bombarded Vasuda Prime for 13 hours straight.  All major cities have been destroyed."

May have exact wording off but I'm not interested in firing up the port and loading the mission atm :rolleyes:

Thanks.:)

Hmm... I'll download FSPort and see what was said about the glassing. AFAIK, the Vasuda Prime was a dead world after that, so I think that it was a bit more than just bombarding the major cities.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
From the looks of the ANI though, the Luci used her beams which indicates a more precise attack pattern rather than just dumping a bunch of Harbinger equivalents which is easier.  This seems to indicate that the Shivans only target sentient life, a hallmark of which is city construction.  Any race sufficiently advanced to journey into space is going to have cities.  They're the only way to practice the kind of organizational structure needed for space travel.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Liberator
They're the only way to practice the kind of organizational structure needed for space travel.

Not true - it'd take large groups of people, certainly, but cities as we know them are a human thing - a direct result of the industrial revolution, but not neccesarily the only result. A sentient species that was non communal for example would never think about cities.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Re: A small question about the Lucifer
Originally posted by Hollewanderer
Sorry for stupid questions, but right now my FS1 copy is not accessible, and I need the info.

1)Do we know how long did it take for Lucifer to bomb Vasuda Prime? Any, even most vague mention would be immensly useful. [within a day? I heard about 13 hours]
2)Do we know just what exactly happened to Vasuda Prime? I do not remember if it was glassed or just had all life exterminated on it. [I am nearly certain that it was glassing, but I want to be absolutely sure]

It's needed for a campaign, BTW.

From the campaign briefing:

As some of you may have already heard, shortly after the destruction of the Galatea at  nineteen-hundred last night, we received word that the Shivan Lucifer made the jump to Vasuda Prime. The Lucifer fleet bombarded Vasuda Prime from orbit for thirteen hours straight.

Most escaping transport ships were destroyed. All major Vasudan cities were leveled, and most of the landmass was rendered uninhabitable.  All of our attacks launched from the nearby installations were defeated.

We have lost contact with all Terran ships in the area, but it appears that the Shivan fleet has now moved on. It's estimated that four billion innocent Vasudans lost their lives in the attack.

Terran Command is preparing to help evacuate all survivors to other habitable worlds in the area.

I forget where it was, but I believe 95% of the surface was rendered uninhabitable by the attack.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Originally posted by Black Wolf

A sentient species that was non communal for example would never think about cities.

But they would also most likely lack the communal thinking required for large projects such as space flight.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Thanks once again.:)

It will be immensly useful.

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
so what all is in the lucifer fleet? there is the Lucifer, of course, but what other ships? a few hundred fighters, some destroyers, a few dozen cruisers? the rest of the fleet would probably do much more damage than just the lucifer by it's self.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by Liberator

But they would also most likely lack the communal thinking required for large projects such as space flight.

That would depend on the method of travel.  They could adapt themselves to be capable of space travel, for example.  Or they could communicate but not live together.  Or they could be a communal species which is migratory, and hence does not need permanent settlements.