Author Topic: shivan evolution  (Read 8695 times)

Offline c-lock

Originally posted by venom2506:
Harg... no, shivan ships are definitively not organic...Damn derelict lol  
Have you ever seen an organic creature with sensors and turrets, with beams?
Ok, more seriously, an organic creature wouldn't be affected by disruption weaponary, it would bleed when hit, something like that,and the shivan would have the same kind of weapons, olny smaller, not those plasma launchers.
Plus look at the ships... do they look organic? That's metal, for sure.
Volition did thought about the shivan ships as organic ships (look at the apocalypse concept pic, it's obvious), but it's also clear they trashed the idea. Vasudian ships are probably more close of the organic ship (look at the strange green "veins" on the anubis, if you don't believe me...)
For the vacuum stuff in the shivan ship (hall fight cutscene)... That's not vacuum. Put a terran in space vacuum without spacesuit to see what happens ( summary: it freezes in half a secon).
For the shivans breathing nebulaes... Damn, don't you think they have enough nebulaes in the universe not to blow Capella to have one more? lol
Well, after all, you know what I think   (look above if not )

You are wrong with those ships! Shivan ships must be kind of organic origin.
in the ending cutscene of fs2 as the sathanas fleet is producing the subspace field to destroy the star the arms of Sathanases comming together to make space annomaly. And the metal isn't capable of bending so well.  

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

For the shivans breathing nebulaes... Damn, don't you think they have enough nebulaes in the universe not to blow Capella to have one more? lol
Well, after all, you know what I think   (look above if not )

Well, i wasn't entirely serious.  It was just a possibility.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT

Originally posted by c-lock:

in the ending cutscene of fs2 as the sathanas fleet is producing the subspace field to destroy the star the arms of Sathanases comming together to make space annomaly. And the metal isn't capable of bending so well.  

So how do i open my room door then? metal it self cant bend enough to get into the position when they created the subspace field.So thats why we HUMANS use joints to open en close doors,and maby the shivan have something similar like that to bend those arms.

------------------

------------------
                   [email protected]                  Staff member of
SOC Inferno,can you defeat the shivans?  

Soc Inferno

iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by c-lock:

Plus that's wrong. Have you never heard about metals with "memory"? Have you never seen a spring?!?
And have you ever heard about sci-fie? Damn, the T1000 is in liquid metal, you should scream to unrealism dude lol
SCREW CANON!

Offline Jabu

• One of our many cases

Originally posted by darkage:
So how do i open my room door then?

Well, I just slide mine open  

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Metal is simply a liquid that flows extremely slowly at room temperature.... indeed, the high temperature of the Capella sun could actually heat the Sath 'arms' enough that they are literally melting as the beams charge.

------------------
Team Member of The Ghost and the Darkness
        [email protected]        

"Well I believe ther's someone watching over you.  They're watching every word you say. And when you die they'll take you down and take you through. You'll realise one day that the grass is always greener on the other side, the neighbours got a car that you wanna drive, and when time is running out you wanna stay alive.  There is no wrong, there is no right, and the circle only has one side...."

(c)2001 Travis

Offline Nico

• Venom
Well, for my part I just think those are mechanized claws, nothing else.
SCREW CANON!

Offline icespeed

Originally posted by StarGunner:
You are wrong because they can live in space, dont you rameber the FS1 cutceen when the Lusffer jumped in the Shivans did not have space soots, and that means that they can live in space. Did you read the the info in the tech room, they said that the Shivans have only been seen in 0-G environments, you are right about their stragth.

Setekh's right, i don't have freespace anyway. Even so, i reckon shivans evolved in a high gravity environment and then genetically modified themselves to live in zero-g space.
or they might just be extremely advanced robots that are controlled from far far away... after all, if humans can be intellectually better than they are physically, who says shivans can't be?
er... i didn't put that very well, did I?
$quot;Let your light shine before men...$quot;
Matthew 5:16

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
  has stated Shivans are cyborgs.  The assumption is that they have also been genetically modified, perhaps very heavily.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline icespeed

Have you ever seen an organic creature with sensors and turrets, with beams?
[/B]

ever heard of downloading personalities?AI?
ship doesn't have to be organic to think...
all relates back to shivan 'superior' mentality...

When I graduate, I'm going to be a doctor, and people are going to come to me looking for treatment and prescription drugs, and I'm going to give it to them. Is anyone scared yet?

$quot;If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.$quot; Romans 10:9

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Where are your manners, guys? Welcome to HLP, c-lock.  

As for cyborgs, here's another topic? What exactly are cyborgs?
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
A living organism with inorgamic implants, such as replacement organs, limbs, etc.  So technically someone with an artificial heart is a cyborg, although really you shouldn't use the term until a significant portion of the 'meat' has been replaced by 'metal'.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by icespeed:
ever heard of downloading personalities?AI?
ship doesn't have to be organic to think...
all relates back to shivan 'superior' mentality...

Yep, you're right. Then it's not an organic creature dude, it's a robot, a computer... And you're confirming what I say.
SCREW CANON!

A good example of a cyborg is the borg from star trek, the man cannot survive without the machine and the machine cannot survive without the man.

------------------
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.
"For 10,000 years we have thought the
long war and our hatred still knows no
succour. Those who have defied us shall
feel the full wrath of Chaos..."
-Abaddon the Despoiler.

Offline The Claw

• Run! Chickens Incoming!

Originally posted by Top Gun:
   And what is the meaning of life?

Personally, I beleive the ships are metal, and I also think Cyborg is a term for a organic entity either completly controlled by the machine, or where the machine has a certain amount of control over the whole entities operation.
 Also, on a final note...

Originally posted by Icespeed:
Setekh's right, i don't have freespace anyway
Buy it! That's a direct order pilot  
"I love the English for three reasons. One, we always beat you at rugby. Two, your wives are always friendly. Three you fought like devils to save us" Old French bloke at my uncles pub.
"One has plenty of time for contemplation while waiting for the endless waves of bad doggie werewolf monsters that chew your toes while you sleep"-Dradeel, BG2

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Originally posted by The Claw:
Personally, I beleive the ships are metal, and I also think Cyborg is a term for a organic entity either completly controlled by the machine, or where the machine has a certain amount of control over the whole entities operation.

Well, then according to that, a person with a pace maker is a cyborg, because the machine aspect controls whether the organic aspect survives.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline icespeed

Yep, you're right. Then it's not an organic creature dude, it's a robot, a computer... And you're confirming what I say.

did i say i disagreed?

do cyborgs have to have metal parts? couldn't they be... i don't know, plastic? there has to be some sort of material which is better than metal and isn't dangerous at the same time...

SpeedyTomato

You could have a Carbon Fibre derivative instead of metal - it's used in bikes etc and is a hell of a lot stronger than metal  

------------------
The Modder with many names -
*Shadowman
*Shade
I have returned from the pit of darkness, just about =)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by The Claw:
Buy it! That's a direct order pilot  

Pilotesse.  

And if she wants a copy, she can borrow mine.  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Black Ace

• The Traveler

Originally posted by Raa Tor'h:
those Knossoses that you and Snipes found,

Heheheheh... it just sounds funny to hear you say "you and snipes"

Nevermind...  

------------------
Staff Member, Hard Light Productions
Creator / Project Coordinator: The Perfect Storm
TPS Forums Page - Click Here
Think you've got killer vocal cords? Voice actors needed! Email me @                        [email protected]                          

These detonators were a piece of junk! I even followed the directions... - Lt. Commander Snipes - Special Operations Command
Staff Member,Hard Light Productions

Creator / Project Coordinator:The Perfect Storm

Black Ace 2.1a - "I've been beyond the rim... and back!"