Well here are my mod cmdline options...
- FS2_Lightspeed = enables Lightspeed's nebulae for FS2 campaign
- STARFIELD_REPLACEMENT = my own personal starfield skybox texture, which complements the nebulae rather nicely
- normalmaps = the new normal map pack
- mediavp368zeta = self-explanatory, includes AdvEffects.
- DDS_beamglows = self-explanatory
- replace_retail_stars = replaces retail stars with cooler images
- a_subspace = Axem's subspace vortices
The only problem with the starfield I made is with current sun glare, which increases the brightness of the whole screen, which means that all the dim stars are enhanced which can look a bit ridiculous. But in normal conditions it looks marvellous on my PC. Then again, my monitor is calibrated correctly, the default colour calibration would show way way too many of the stars, so I'm not certain how the background looks on your end...