Author Topic: Damnit! >_<  (Read 1473 times)

After installing 3.6 (As cool as it is) and I use the FRED2_open_r that comes right along with it, it seems when I lay down a Leviathan it causes the whole thing to crash. Does this have something to do with the high-poly version, or is it just something screwed up with the system? I need help: I want to use that Leviathan! :mad:

EDIT: It also seems to do this with the Fenris.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
fred seems to have problems rendering hi polycounts. if you turn off models you should be able to work in fred without the crashes.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

The models ARE turned off. I only have on the outlines. Will that work?

Ive tried using the CVS version, but when I try to make mission briefings the icons dont appear, and also there are numerous graphics glitches where my waypoints are scattered all over the map. I also have to disable some things to prevent further graphical glitches.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Use the dots instead...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Extract the Fenris model from the sparky.vp thing into your data/models folder. Sure, you won't see the hi-poly version at all, not in FRED and not in-game... but no big loss. 'Sides, it just feels fundamentally wrong to have this super-detailed hi-poly cruiser in one corner and a budget £4.99 Aten in the other.

I went ahead and used the dots after wrestling with the editor in order to make it NOT crash. But it worked! It still has errors, but it wont quit on me now that I have the dots up. This next mission is gonna be so cool...

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
'Sides, it just feels fundamentally wrong to have this super-detailed hi-poly cruiser in one corner and a budget £4.99 Aten in the other.

lol, that's how I see it as well. The old ships that looked awesome before now suddenly look mediocre when displayed next to the new stuff. :D

I am not using this model at all though, as the game takes an incredible amount of time to read it on my machine. Just clicking on it in the tech room causes the game to stall for about 20 seconds while it loads up the thing, although it runs fine once it's done.