Author Topic: Maxim Gun b0rked?  (Read 3450 times)

I had this problem a while back but I shrugged it off as a mis-happening with my TVWP Files and the SCP. But now, I dont have any extra things in my Folder due to lack of space left on my 8 gig hard drive. Only 3.6. Anyhow, the Maxim ammo reads at 2000 bullets, and decreases when I fire. Why does it have an ammo count now? :confused:

Dont yell at me! :shaking:

Oh for the love of god people, RTFM.

Lightspeed made it this way because somewhere in the tech descr. it says that the maxim fires uranium slugs, and Lighty sensibly thought those slugs should come from somewhere.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

I just read that command briefing, and while they said that it fired Uranium Slugs, it was still an energy weapon which didnt have a finite limitation. I think putting a limitation on the Maxim will make it kind of... suck, because you run out of ammo. :(

Does it still draw from your energy pool? I never tested it.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
It does still draw from the energy pool the same but doing a rearm/reload with the support ship will fill the ammo count back up.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Don't like it? Don't use it.

Pretty simple really.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Karajorma: quite what I was about to say.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

so then how do I anti-ammo this maxim gun?

isnt it trapped in one of the VP's saying "save me!"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 01:15:23 pm by 1718 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
YOu've downloaded one of Lightspeeds vp files. Last time I checked it was called SPEffects or something similar and it warned you that it broke multiplayer. Remove it.

Okey dokey! :yes:

Frankly, it doesn't really break the gameplay of the main FS2 campaign since you'd run out of missiles long before you run out of maxim shells.

Who says I reload after I run out of missles?

Me <----

"DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE!" :mad: :mad:

*blinks*

Anyone who does do that, maybe?
$quot;Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity.  And I'm not sure about the former.$quot;
 - Albert Einstein

$quot;It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.$quot;
- Gen. George Patton Jr.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You can grab the new mv_effects (replaces the old mv_effects and mv_speffects) it contains all of Lightspeed's new weapon effects minus changes to the gameplay.
-C

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
 I think putting a limitation on the Maxim will make it kind of... suck, because you run out of ammo. :(

That's what rearming is for.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
We get all kinds here. :rolleyes:
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
And what if a mission disables the possibility of calling in a Support ship?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
Then dont take a freakin Maxim...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
And in scramble mission? :p
And what if it is your favourite or it is the most ideal for that mission?

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
FFS TopAce. How many times do you have to be told that the media.vp files are all OPTIONAL.

If you don't like them. Don't use them.

On top of which this one is obsolete anyway since the versions which didn't break multiplayer are the ones now being pimped.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by karajorma
FFS TopAce. How many times do you have to be told that the media.vp files are all OPTIONAL.

How the hell did it come up? I haven't said with a single word I do not like it. I just want to point out that a support ship is not always available, and there are occasions where the Maxim is NEEDED(Scramble missions or when it is the only way you can complete the mission).