Author Topic: Another FreeSpace 2 FTP!!  (Read 4111 times)

Another FreeSpace 2 FTP!!
I'm using a web browser. FTP works fine with it. I think your server has some weird connection issues.

edit: I nabbed a connect and it's going 26kbs. woot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 12:16:32 am by 2032 »

Offline r-karsk

Same thing has happened to me, its not letting up, i've tried using IE and two other FTP clients with no success. I downloaded most of the 32 segments (i have 3 left) until i got this error.

agh it's doing the "lets stop halfway and assume it's finished" thing again. :-/

Offline Molish

The FTP is being pulled down untill I get a new FTP program. Mine sucks bad (ppl having too many problems with it) so I'm pulling it in favor of a new program in hopes that will solve the problem.

Should be back up in about an hour or two

Offline Molish

Ok, the new FTP is up and running! Thanks again to Karajorma for his help on directing me to a freeware copy of some decent FTP software AND for helping test the server again.  You da man, man.  :D

The server is on the same site it was, with the same username and password.

Max 10 users with NO BANDWITH LIMITATIONS! (couldn't find the option for it, so you get all my 256K upstream)

Which will destroy my online gamming, but oh well. The price I pay for giveing you guys what you want. ;)

heh I can barely connect now.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sadly Cerberus doesn't feature limiting a connection (I had a look at the docs a little while ago. )

If someone knows of a good freeware program that does and you can be bothered to swap just IM me again and I'll help you test things out.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Molish

My FTP server is being taken offline for updates. Shouldn't be anymore then about an hour or so.

Posted: 2:00 P.m. (central time)

EDIT: New Server is up and running. 10x better then it was! Thanks to Fractux!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 04:12:27 pm by 2066 »

okay I'm trying to login and I'm getting access denied, and I'm putting in the right user/password combo.

O_o

edit: error seems to be fixed. :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 09:30:14 pm by 2032 »

Offline Molish

Ok, he stopped. Life is good again. :)
But those of you still only getting 5K a sec, blame my other files sharing program, and me Useing Cute FTP to download the rest of Fractux's File off his FTP server (like the movies!!).
The other file sharing program I'm useing is emule (no, I'm not sharing any freespace 2 stuff). I'm trying to get the nearly IMPOSSABLE to find campaing missions that were converted to multiplayer. The entire campaing missions were converted to multiplayer file called Freespace2Coop.zip, but the only one place that ever had them, the download doesn't work. If someone could help me get these files, I'll provide it on my FTP for everyone else.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 01:12:42 pm by 2066 »