Author Topic: [FA] FRED Academy Sign Ups  (Read 34733 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll it assigned to you until someone else wants it in case you change your mind. Just post if you get the time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Sounds good. I've got a couple questions, then - What is the vp thing at the start for download? And plus, can someone point me to where I can get more info on the storyline of the FRED2 Retail campaign?
My friend's a computer geek and all I got was this crappy signature

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
VP = Volition Package. It's like a ZIP file, which contain files. Download the VPViewer and open the Volition .vp files with it. Look here and there and you will get acquinted with this extension.

As for the storyline, you can find tons of info on the FreeSpace Wikipedia. Click on the fsdoc(wiki) next to your profile.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
By the way is anyone dragging their heels cause they're waiting for mission testing? I've noticed a slowdown in the number of missions being posted at the moment.

Does anyone feel that they've finished their mission? If so then it also needs some proper beta testing (Which is where I get to be evil and deliberately try to break the mission :D )

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
They're simply not perfectionists.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Ah. But perfectionism is a required trait to be a good FREDder :D

I think my mission is more/less finished, though one of the events at the end has screwed up and I'll have to see what the deal is (stopped working for no reason at all).

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Is the mission the last version you uploaded? What's the name of the event? If you want to figure it out for yourself I can give you a hint to help you ;)

Offline Fergus

I believe my mission is just about completed, though no doubt riddled with faults, so I'm gonna give it one more once more and give it up to the evil of karajorma and see what happens.  Also where can I find VPViewer, because I have been searching around for it and can't find it.
Generic signature quote blabber

*EDIT*

Removed :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 07:13:16 am by 2233 »

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Open a new thread, please.

Are we supposed to open new threads to post missions for people to look at?

Sorry, i didnt know, someone said i should post it so i did.

Im still pretty new here.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Just post a new thread. :D

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Fergus
I believe my mission is just about completed, though no doubt riddled with faults, so I'm gonna give it one more once more and give it up to the evil of karajorma and see what happens.  Also where can I find VPViewer, because I have been searching around for it and can't find it.

There's a link to it in my FAQ (well several actually). As for the mission get it finished and I'll do some heavier playtesting on it :)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Calaerial
Are we supposed to open new threads to post missions for people to look at?

Sorry, i didnt know, someone said i should post it so i did.

Im still pretty new here.

Post a new thread for each mission you do for us.

Always start the topic's name with [FA] so we can tell FRED Academy posts apart from the usual forum traffic.

That's about it :)

Offline Fergus

Thanks, I was mainly looking through the wiki one.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Might an admin please sticky this?

Is the mission the last version you uploaded? What's the name of the event? If you want to figure it out for yourself I can give you a hint to help you

I'm guessing it's either Alex Repair Failed or one of the subsequent chain events, I believe the last time I played it the mission failed to produce the series of messages which follows the NTT Omega's destruction. Even though they worked the previous time I played it, and I had not changed any of those events since.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well, im trying to finish my misson, but i need a new HDD coz i keep getting total system failures. Ive ordered one but it hasnt arrived yet. Also i think that the lastest saved version of my mission is corrupted coz it keeps freezing as soon as you click on the commit button, but it just could be my comp.

Ive got it safely onto a cd for now. Ive got most of the ships ingame. all i need to to do is fine tune the ship's arrival ques, more messeges to setup, and playtesting.

i think my mission is finished, i posted it awhile ago, give me feed back so i can fix it or move to another mission.