Author Topic: Recruiting-modeler  (Read 2135 times)

For my campaign, Legacy, I was wondering if someone could assist me in creating an upgraded-version of the Hades. My attempts at locating an already existing one have failed, and since I have zero experience with modeling, I guess a new module needs to be created.

It shouldn't be too hard. Just taking the old module and adding more turrets (well, too hard for me, but not for a good modeler) would be fine.

I doubt anyone will want or be able to help me, but on the off-chance that you do, post here.

Thanks.

EDIT: Have finished 13 missions of said campaign, so don't worry about me not finishing it.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Go poke Raptor awake and see if you can get him to finish up his GTD Saturn (I think that's what he was calling it). It's unfinished, but what it sounds like it's exactly what you want.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
hm... just more turrets? I could do that... (once i get Mad BOmber's Deimos out of the way...) ...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Originally posted by Hippo
hm... just more turrets? I could do that... (once i get Mad BOmber's Deimos out of the way...) ...

Yeah. More beams on the turrets, if you can.

Don't worry about hull. I can add HP using Fred_Open (love that thing).

So, yeah. Just more turrets.

EDIT: I sent a PM to Raptor. POKE! POKE!

EDIT TWO: I doubt Raptor will finish the Saturn, so Hippo, if you ever have time...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 08:47:11 am by 1278 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds like you need a table edit rather than a new model. Do you actually need more turrets or do you just need more of the existing turrets to be beams?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by karajorma
Sounds like you need a table edit rather than a new model. Do you actually need more turrets or do you just need more of the existing turrets to be beams?

More turrets. If I wanted to change the turrets to beams, I could just do that in FRED. Sheesh.

The Hades REALLY needs more turrets for it to be used in my campaign.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It was the hull comment that threw me off. You can just increase the value on the table you know :D

Since you're going to need a new one anyway :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Originally posted by karajorma
It was the hull comment that threw me off. You can just increase the value on the table you know :D

Since you're going to need a new one anyway :D

Naa. I can just use FRED_OPEN for that (Special HP button).

Anyway, I say again, if anyone can make me an upgraded version of the Hades (with more turrets)...let me know.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Sure, it'll actually be easier than Mad Bomber's project... Lemme see what i come up with...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Originally posted by Hippo
Sure, it'll actually be easier than Mad Bomber's project... Lemme see what i come up with...

YES! THANK YOU! WOO-HOO! SAVIOR!

*Goes off to compose a thirty verse poem to Hippo
*Prints page and emails to everyone in address boo-wait. That would be two pe-HOLY CRAP!!

Today shall henceforth be known as Hippomakesmodelforblitzerlandanddaybecomesnationalholiday..... .....day. OR NOT.

Thanks, though :)

EDIT: Overeacting? Nope. This is the first time someone's actually helped/done anything for me on this forum.

EDIT EDIT: No, that isn't correct. The people who work on SCP did a very nice thing for me...and countless others who love fs2 as much as I do.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 03:00:21 pm by 1278 »