Author Topic: About FS2Netd an SCP tables...  (Read 2208 times)

About FS2Netd an SCP tables...
Is there any way to just create SCP accounts?  I like the SCP table hacks, and I don't want to play with the crappy old ones.  How hard would it be to allow distinct SCP accounts?  I don't care about ladders and ****, I'm just sick of being harrassed by FS2 about SOMEONE CHEATING 0H N03S!!! lol

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Come again?

You completely lost me...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
...*was wondering if anyone else didn't understand him*

He is asking if there is a way to play SCP without the "hacked files" warning coming up, since obviously he has non-cheating SCP-related table-hacks. He is tired of receiving the error message, even if the game still runs.

Special thanks to my cats for translating this for me.

:lol: Smart cats!

Aside from the cats, I think you want to use the mod flag. [scp][/scp]
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I thought the tables in the media.vp were validated for multiplayer?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Not Lightspeeds über ones, IIRC. (Ammo maxim==bad for multi)
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
My new ones are technically compatible but not validated yet, thus the problem.

They're the ones with the alternate model references for the Leviathan/Fenris and Cain/Lilith.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Yeah thats the issue.  I understand that FS2netd is used by vanilla players who don't want to gt swamped with edited table people, so I suggested they let you create specific SCP-validated accounts to allow you to play on FS2netd without warnings with other SCP users.  I guess I just wasn't very clear.  And -mod selects mods by directory, it doesn't make the warning go away.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What you could do however as a stopgap is create a folder called multiplayer and extract the default FS2 tables into it. Use -mod to play that for the time being but play the singleplayer game in its full glory :)

I agree that a set of SCP tables would be nice though. I think the problem is that Kazan would have to keep revalidating them for any small change.

Thats true, it'd increase his workload.

[n00b mode]
So, where are the vanilla tables?
[/n00b mode]

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Get VPView and extract them. My FAQ has links.

Offline Cetanu

• http://165thbdhr.com/
the tables validation is not because of vanilla players - even SCP players should want to have some anti-cheat control in a multiplayer environment

Lighty already did some older compatible multiplayer tables for SCP (introduced here)  and there was no problem to play together with vanilla tables users
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 08:50:40 am by 556 »
Work is the curse of the drinking class
Keeper of BDHR's Holy Grail of Beer

Valid PXO/F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Additional valid F2NETD multiplayer missions - mirrors: 1,2
Voicefiles for these missions - mirrors: 1,2

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by karajorma

I agree that a set of SCP tables would be nice though. I think the problem is that Kazan would have to keep revalidating them for any small change.

Yeah, thats the problem the FSCZ has to avoid... We only get one try, so we have to make it work perfectly before we go public...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im still waiting on dynamic mod transfer (like in ut2004, or any other ut for that mater). also there should be an option for host side cheater detection. players who do not run the same tables as the host, are considered cheaters. this can be acheieved by a simple crc system.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN