Author Topic: Star base...  (Read 1237 times)

Here´s something i´ve been working on. It´s still not fully textured (you can see the grey blank spots), but i thought i showed it out. It´s textured with Jedi Academy textures, i spent half the morning viewing and extracting the good stuff. Lot´s of great textures there!! ;7
Hope i don´t get into trouble for it... :doubt:

No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
it reminds me Klingon star base mixed with deep space 9:D
Model is good are you going to relase it?

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
The untextured parts actually give it a nice, metallic feel. I'd leave them the way they are now ;7
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline JC Denton

• Node For Me
Looks like the starbase in Tachyon, now that I think about it.
"I condemn false prophets, I condemn the effort to take away the power of rational decision, to drain people of their free will -- and a hell of a lot of money in the bargain. Religions vary in their degree of idiocy, but I reject them all. For most people, religion is nothing more than a substitute for a malfunctioning brain."  - Gene Roddenberry

"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." - George Bernard Shaw

Offline mitac

The ring at the bottom part of the hull seems ... well, it just looks wrong for me. Maybe give it a try without it? Or make it smaller in diameter.

Edit : in general, I would maybe swap the docking ports in the middle (at least I think these are docking ports...) with the ring part. Looks more functional, as docking ships have far more space and won't interfere with the "spikes" on top of the installation.

Talking of the spikes - "GTI Monarch" would be a fitting name, because of this "crown".  ;)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 02:44:41 pm by 1928 »
marcet sine adversario virtus.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by JC Denton
Looks like the starbase in Tachyon, now that I think about it.

I was about to post the same thing :) Only I didn't cause I based my MG Fighterbase partly on that station and I was hoping no one would notice :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I just got Tachyon (about 1/3 way through I think). Has anyone found out how to extract the ships or bases?((I think they are cool as hell).

Yeah I knew that station had a semi-familar look to it but I wasn't sure (excellent!).  Can't wait to see it in game and with glows! How big is it gonna be?
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
its neat, but doesnt look 'freespacey' somehow... still good tho :) glows are gonna be awesome!
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
It does seem to lack that indefinable quality of freespaceness, but then, so do most of the stations that are shown on here, so at least you're in good company :)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
Originally posted by Black Wolf
It does seem to lack that indefinable quality of freespaceness, but then, so do most of the stations that are shown on here, so at least you're in good company :)

indeed, being as there were only EVER 2 installations in FS, and one of which you never actually saw, and both of whihc were terran... i think that i can safely say that installations/space stations are the hardest thing to MOD well.
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.