stringed
7 (22.6%)
none
12 (38.7%)
more than one
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: November 24, 2004, 07:19:08 am

Author Topic: Attention all musicians!  (Read 3826 times)

Attention all musicians!
Hey FreeSpacers,

Is there a publicized FS or FS2 score?  Dan Wentz (bless him!) made some darn good music, especially in FS (as discussed earlier), and I'm sure that others as well as myself would like to learn how to play it.
[V] for FS3!

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
Normally the way I learn other people's music is to listen and learn by ear. I don't recall Mr. Wentz ever releasing sheet music for his creations but I remember doing two or three Freespace/2 MIDI's and one improvisation (very short) a couple years ago or something. I have the MIDI's on my hard drive so if you have a MIDI to sheet music converter I can "hook you up" with those. :)

The improvisation I did, well, it was just a short little "remix" kind of thing of the beginning of the battle song of Revelations. I introduced a overdriven guitar to the mix and added the effect of (perhaps) a metal sense to the song. I can't remember what happened to it though. I recall being able to find my post by thread-search but I don't believe the song can be found anywhere considering my old tripod account got deleted for some reason, and that was the place I uploaded my material so people could here it at the time. I guess I'll just have to redo it some time. :doubt:

BTW: I selected "stringed" instrument in the poll because I play electric guitar. ;)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 08:32:42 am by 34 »

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
More than one.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

I am a badass violinist. I have played since 2nd grade.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I can play a radio:lol: :lol: :nervous: :shaking: :thepimp:
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Goo'd all 'lectric guitars :D
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
I sing bass 2 (lowest)
not sure it'd fit into freespace
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Seeing as how DarkestHour is already in my FREDding tunes playlist from last time you posted it I'm grabbing the other two :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Flip...those're...I am without words...

What did you use to make those?
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL Thanks, both of you :)

I usually write in Cubase, using Virtual synths. What I can't get from those, I'll usually find as a loop or a sample :)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Post Evacuation again.  That one rocks. :)

Originally posted by Joey_21
Normally the way I learn other people's music is to listen and learn by ear. I don't recall Mr. Wentz ever releasing sheet music for his creations but I remember doing two or three Freespace/2 MIDI's and one improvisation (very short) a couple years ago or something. I have the MIDI's on my hard drive so if you have a MIDI to sheet music converter I can "hook you up" with those. :)

The improvisation I did, well, it was just a short little "remix" kind of thing of the beginning of the battle song of Revelations. I introduced a overdriven guitar to the mix and added the effect of (perhaps) a metal sense to the song. I can't remember what happened to it though. I recall being able to find my post by thread-search but I don't believe the song can be found anywhere considering my old tripod account got deleted for some reason, and that was the place I uploaded my material so people could here it at the time. I guess I'll just have to redo it some time. :doubt:

BTW: I selected "stringed" instrument in the poll because I play electric guitar. ;)

I'd really appreciate it if you would send me the midis and especially the remix.  I've got a midi converter, Cubasis VST.

OH NO! I forgot to mention vocals! Sorry to everyone who sings...:eek2:
[V] for FS3!

Offline Joey_21

Found these in the FTP of the ole website...

FS1's "Cinema":
http://denebsystem.250free.com/cinema.mid

FS2's ending cutscene music:
http://denebsystem.250free.com/fsendmusic.mid

If I get around to redoing that remix this weekend I'll let you know. I don't have my overdrive pedal here at the uni. so it'll be either this weekend or next week before I can turn anything up.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2004, 10:25:48 pm by 34 »

I don't have my overdrive pedal here at the uni. so it'll be either this weekend or next week before I can turn anything up.

You don´t need the pedal if you have a good amp. I have a Fender now, but i used to have a Peavey that had a distortion that really kicked ass! The Fender has it too, just not so good as the Peavey, wich i miss like crazy...
I guess you can tell that i play the guitar by now. I play a mean drums too, but i don´t have a drum set anymore. I kept my guitars though. Used to play in a trash metal band, when i was young, but then i grew out of it...

@Flipside

Your themes are great, and would be greater if you added a few elec. guitar riffs in there. But thumbs up just the same.

:yes:
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

I try to play Bass Guitar, but I can barely get a good tone out of the thing at all. I'm taking classes, but it looks like my acoustic bass is a bit too heavy on the strings (very hard to press down right) or something like that.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Acoustic guitar. ;)

Welcome to HLP, Marauder. :nod:

:welcome:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Joey_21

Originally posted by Swamp_Thing

You don´t need the pedal if you have a good amp.

My amp? :nervous:
My only "working" amp is a small 12 or 19-watts (can't remember which) Washburn Bad Dog. I used to use a 25-watt Ibanez Tone Blaster but it gave me a lesson in speaker ohmage that I won't soon forget. :( It's still usable, just sounds like crap.

My amp? :nervous:
My only "working" amp is a small 12 or 19-watts.

Oh, you call that an amp?? I can shout louder than that!!!
:p
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...