Author Topic: Disaster happend  (Read 3078 times)

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:( :eek2: :mad: :eek: :mad2: :hopping:  My FS2 Cd2 went bye bye god rest its soul. It was a godd CD it was a brave CD now I lay it into the dust as my life has received a crushing blow.
But seriously f..k the goddamn cd went by bye into my cd-rom.
Has this ever hapened to eny of you....? The other one is barely holding.
Man those cd's were used once to often I must of deleted and reintaled this game at least 60-70 times as years have gone bye..I even loaned the to a frind wich brought them back scrached and in a bad shape but they still woerked. now no matter what I do it refuses to work heck I only had them for about 2 years but still..!
Does enyone know were I can dowload a FS2 game because I dont have the money to pay 100$ + taxes for new ones.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
There's links around, none of them spring to mind... but dude, you know, if you have a friend around who owns a copy, you can legally make a copy of all the discs so long as it's not to sell to anyone. In fact, I advise making several. I made three. :p
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Hotu. The FTP. Stealth's thread. Thousands of ways.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

I haven't owned the game that long, but the first thing I did do was burn myself a copy and lock the orignals away safely. They have only been used once by me :D

I spent a fair amount of time hunting on e-bay etc. for a sensibly priced copy of FS2, in the UK ( so shipping wasn't a problem ) and STILL ended up paying as much for a used copy as I would for a new game! Oh well.....

But, as far as I am concerned, for the cost of 3 blank discs, my originals will be safe forever :)

It's why I use no-cd patches..... I have had discs crack before!
"It was a time when men were REAL men
Women were REAL women,
And small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri"

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx for the heads up guis il try and find someone who has the originals. But I still have to wait for a long long time till I play FS2 again.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Well, you can still use one of the old SCP builds with no CD checking in it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
my cd drive once basicly sliced a battlefield CD into a set of concentric rings
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

cd drive horror stories make me shiver

Dude, just burn the ISO's CD images to a CD!
Or do you not have a CD burner?
If you dont, download WinRar (www.download.com) and you can use winrar to extract all fo the contents from each ISO to a folder one folder per ISO). Run the main installer (CD1) and when the installer asks for the next cd's location, just type in the location you extracted the cd's files.

Or is it that you have 56k?
If it does, well, that really sucks.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Don't use winrar. Using Dameon tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php) you can mount the ISO files as if they were a real CD drive. Your computer won't be able to tell the difference between the ISOs and real CDs that way.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Daemon Tools rock!! I´ve used it for years now, don´t know what i´d do without it...
No Freespace 3 ?!? Oh, bugger...

Offline Cabbie

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about you CD. Good think you have so many options to still get the game running despite of what happened.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Use the SCP...
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Can I get FreeSpace 1 in the same way?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I think Stealth had them...

AHTW

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
He only HAD them?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
I mean that i think they're uploaded on his site, or with the other iso's...

AHTW

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
No, Stealth only has ST up for download, IIRC.
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

I know how you feel AlphaOne, I lost my disks to a scratch too...after lending them to a friend...:mad:

Bah, costs too much to buy a new one...heh...that's what parents are for! :rolleyes:
[V] for FS3!