Author Topic: Wing Commander (Saga) Evolution-Shoots  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander (Saga) Evolution-Shoots
Hello folks,

some time ago, I got a hang of the idea showing off the evolution the wing-commander universe has gone through, not at least because of this mod here. This should give you all a better insight in what you can expect when WC-Saga will finally be done, escpecially to those of you, which have never player a WingCommander-Game before. (Trust me, you will like it :) )

I'm now starting to release some pictures of the most common WC ship-models. Since this mod was born (even before the time I become a member of this team, which I really enjoyed being part of the last two years) we also collect much experience for ourself, which is why I show you now always a early WC-Saga-stage of the model, which is also a good explanation why this mod takes it's time to be completed :D

So here is the first one (more to come by time) , the terran-confederation heavy cruiser, the tallahassee-class.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 01:39:37 pm by 1072 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Lynx

Argh...my Tallahassee has different proportions from the WC3 version. I though the WC3 and 4 ones were the same sans textures so I took the WC4 version as template.
Perhaps the WC3 and 4 ships are different variants of the same design. That would make sense since the Talahasse is a pre-war design actually. Maybe the old design got picked up later in the war again and was modified or something.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yeah, looks like they took the original design in hand and stretched it to provide extra room.  No worries there.

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
It could also be the perspective they where shoot in.
But who cares...Lynx Talla looks the best ^_^
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Originally posted by gevatter Lars
Lynx Talla looks the best ^_^

agreed ;7
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I have some more (more to come) , see here :

MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.