Author Topic: In case you don't read Hard Light - New Nodewars  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
In case you don't read Hard Light - New Nodewars

Copied and pasted from the Hard Light topic, because I know that'n'll've been bumped off in a day or so.

Nodewars: FS2 Aftermath

Yep, another Nodewars. But not quite like the last few. In fact, 'tis hopefully goingto come out as a rather unique sort of concept.

- The storyline is based directly off Freespace 2's - taking place 5 years after Capella, with no unusual new technologies, ships or universe rules to get used to. We're trying to make this as accessible as possible - in short, if you've played Freespace, chances are you have the knowledge you'll need to play Aftermath.

- Battles will be fought within the FS2 engine itself, ensuring maximum fairness for all involved - while tactics will play a part, nobody will be able to simply say "I have better tactics, so I win despite being grossly outnumbered." That said, the person who knows how to get his priorities straight will quite possibly be able to triumph over an opponent who does not, even when faced with odds that appear overwhelming.

- Since it's based off FS2 directly, there'll be no technological loopholes that'll be able to get you out of (or into) sticky situations. If you let yourself get cornered, you're cornered. If you're doing the cornering, nobody'll be pulling the mega death ray out of thin air to stop you.

- Me and KT will be running things. If that's not a recipe for fun and good times, I don't know what is. :D

So, if you're a good story writer and you're interested in joining up, check out the Original Thread and theGTVA OOB Thread. Between them, anyone with a casual idea of what NW is about should have enough data to get started.

For those of you who're new to the community or to the concept of NW:

What is Nodewars?

Put very basically, Nodewars is an RPG, based off the Freespace universe. However, it differs from traditional RPGs in several key ways.

First of all, you control a nation rather than an individual, with a clear goal of galactic domination, through whatever means you choose, be it conquest, subterfuge, alliances, or whatever. It generally involves a lot of backstabbing, false alliances and sneaking around, which is a helluva lot of fun.

Secondly, the game is moved along not by dice rolling or game cards, but by story writing. Each player writes a few paragraphs (or pages) of storyline every few days that outlines the actions of their nation (See the Story Thread of the last Nodewars, Firestorm, to see how that works).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp