Author Topic: Shivan theory  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
hmmm...maybe not.

however, there appears to be some yellow haze on the floor, which would indicate there being an atmosphere.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

hey.........is there somewhere some AVI version of FS1 cutscenes???? I would love to see them...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by Carl
hmmm...maybe not.

however, there appears to be some yellow haze on the floor, which would indicate there being an atmosphere.

The fact the Marine's gear doesn't have anything covering his eyes would both absolutely prove there is an atmosphere, and also indicate that the atmosphere, while perhaps not breathable, is not immeditately dangerous to humans with their own oxygen supply. It might even be breathable.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Hmm, has [V] ever said anything official about shivans evolving in space? because if not this is preety good evidence to the contrary.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
There is some speculation that the Shivans involved in a zero-gee environment, but that's not necessarily the same thing as evolving in a vacuum. (Although how you could have zero-gee and not vacuum, short of artifical spacecraft, I don't know...)

More to the point, since the Shivans we see are cybernetically enhanced, that really doesn't prove anything. They could have just added the parts that give the impression of having evolved in zero gravity. They can probably withstand vacuum because of the cybernetic enhancements as well.

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
The shivans are not cyberneticaly enhanced.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by willy_principal
hey.........is there somewhere some AVI version of FS1 cutscenes???? I would love to see them...

http://oregonstate.edu/~plankerj/FS1movies/

Thank Kosh for the webspace.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Shaka

Hi, just to point something about this "new" idea :
http://fragfiles.org/~hlstory//expandedinfo.htm
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 07:12:13 am by 1783 »

Offline Kie99

I don't buy that crap about the Lucifer Fleet=Scouting Fleet.  If this is true then why the hell does the Lucifer have an invulnerable shield but none of the ships in FS2 do?
Why do Sath fleet ships have beams but Lucy Fleet ships don't.
Why do Lucy Fleet ships have scorpions but Sath Fleet ships don't!  
Scouting wave!?!?
I think the Lucifer Fleet was separated from the main Shivan Fleet Millenia ago and they both haappened to come across the GTVA.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Originally posted by FireCrack
The shivans are not cyberneticaly enhanced.

Check your tech room.

"Their insect-like carapace does not appear original to the creature's physiogonmy, suggesting the Shivans are a cybernetic fusion of biology and technology."

Now, would you care to repeat that statement, FireCrack?

A Feddie Story

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by ngtm1r

Check your tech room.

"Their insect-like carapace does not appear original to the creature's physiogonmy, suggesting the Shivans are a cybernetic fusion of biology and technology."

Now, would you care to repeat that statement, FireCrack?

Volition ahs said officialy that they are not cybernetialy enhanced and what we are seeing is the real shivans body. What is in the tech room is what the GTVA thinks.

Now, would you care to repeat that statement, ngtm1r?
actualy, mabye not.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Yes, I would. Volition said that what we see in "Hallfight" is not a suit, like in ID4, or a Shivan robot.

That does not mean they are not cybernetically enhanced. If anything, it increases the likelyhood, since cybernetics are by definition a part of one's body.

A Feddie Story

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by FireCrack
Volition ahs said officialy that they are not cybernetialy enhanced and what we are seeing is the real shivans body. What is in the tech room is what the GTVA thinks.

Now, would you care to repeat that statement, ngtm1r?

Actually IIRC what [V] said was that what we saw in Hall Fight were the real shivans. Not their pets, not battlesuits and not cyborgs they control.  

AFAIK [V] never said that the Shivans themselves weren't cyborgs.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
oh, well i guess my definition of cyborg was a bit fuzzy.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So..just for the sake of resoning... if I make a mission in which a crew of a Shivan ship is incapacitated by a gas of some sorts...that would be plausable???
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Kie99

Originally posted by High Max

Yes, scouting wave and I can say this for a few reasons. One, I thought it said in the back of the FS2 box that the Shivans of the Great War were only a scouting party (says something like, "after 32 years of no contact with their scouting party, the Shivans grow suspicious).

Two, The reason that the sathanas's don't have shields is probably because beam weaponry can penetrate shields and they feel that Sathanas's have sufficient armor and weaponry, thus they feel that the Sathanas's don't need shields because of the high armor, high weaponry, and high number of Sathanas's.

When you say that the Sathanas fleet has beams and the Lucifer fleet doesn't, that should reinforce the fact that it was a scouting party because a scouting party isn't meant to have as good as weaponry as the main fleet (scouting party, not task force or offensive force).

Maybe the rest of the scorpions are deep in Shivan space or perhaps the Shivans scrapped them all because they weren't good enough fighters but most likely, the Lucifer fleet had the only Scorpions that were ever made and the Shivans don't have them as part of the main fleet. Remember, it says in the tech database that Scorpions appear to be some form of Shivan scouting fighter. I also believe that Shantan bombers are a scouting bomber because of it's weak specs.

Would a scouting force annihilate planets?  If the Sath had a Lucifer-esque shield the Bombers wouldn't have been able to destroy its turrets and it would have beat the Living **** out of the Colossus.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
But, also remember, beams go thru shields. So what would be the point in shielding a Sath, The Lucifer maybe had shields because we didn't have Beams weapons to stop it.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by High Max

I was able to destroy all 4 forward turrets and the 2 flak guns before the Sathanas departed. I wonder how many other people were able to complete all the objectives in that FS2 mission. I forgot the name of that mission but it was right before the mission, "High Noon".

the mission was 'Bearbaiting'

And i destroyed all 4 sath beams, forward flak, beleth beams, and beleth
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Pilot Of The US

• aka Blue Thunder
    • RNI Shipyards
Well you know the lucifer has an invincible shield so (theroedically) it could hold out against beams. Even though the lucifer was just set to "indestructable".

it was set to "invincible"...(in the misc panel)
Beams do not damage shields, they pierce them, pass tru them directly...so the Lucifer can be destroyed by beam weapons only...
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price