Author Topic: New MediaVP: 3.6.5  (Read 34655 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Well, the mediaVP is for improvements to retail FS2 elements (ships, background, effects, etc.) Stuff you wouldn't see playing through the main FS2 campaign isn't included, to keep the size down. (It's already about 250 MB. ;) )
-C

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Cobra, the media VPs are reserved for files related to the original content in FS2.  In other words, the only models in them are higher-poly models of the original FS2 ships, the only effects are variations of the original FS2 effects, etc.  Things like Lightspeed's new shinemaps/glowmaps and Bobbaou's recently-released high-poly Herc are the types of files that you'll find there.  Usually, if someone finishes a model, they'll just release it to the community as a whole, or else use it in a campaign/mod they're making.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
oh... :nervous: :shaking:

[EDIT] anyone wanna give me feedback on the model?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
yeah, but back in your own thread.
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
Some working download links would be nice.

Offline redmenace

Everything you could possibly need, concerning downloading, is right here. This is maintained by me and the rest of the SCP staff.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 04:18:21 pm by 887 »
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

new artwork needed for phreaks new builds. This will most likly have to be added to the core. but not immediatly.
http://www.penguinbomb.com/phreak/fs2_open_r.zip
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

lol, triple post.
I will be updating the adveffects and textures vps in the next couple of days to reflect changes by lightspeed.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by Petrarch of the VBB
Some working download links would be nice.

First post updated.
-C

Offline redmenace

WMCoolmon, I updated the texture, adveffects, and zpack vps and the textures and the zpack are nearly 30mb larger. I basically used the dir of maps as the beginning then added the the texture vp as the second source. any thoughts?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

If you didn't do them one at a time, or keep them in separate data directories, there will be some overlap.
-C

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you did update that herc model to the version that does not have the stupid blue glowing pipes right?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline redmenace

what do you mean, it keeps the original files before adding the additional source.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 12:23:09 am by 887 »
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

I have been looking through the texture vp and there are missing files from the maps lightspeed releases going back to release 15. Is this on purpose or accidental?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

All of lightspeed's modern files should be in the VPs; normal textures/shine/glow maps are in mv_textures. Animated glowmaps are in mv_adveffects.

Also, what I was saying is to make sure that you don't combine VPs by accident.

I'm not sure where the 30 MB came from, but I'm not sure what you're adding either. (How large is it? :p) What I've been doing is building the VPs from a set of folders on the hard drive (one folder per VP) then combining the finished VPs to form the zpack.

Oh, and if you update Bobb's models, all the files should go in mv_models, including textures.
-C

Offline redmenace

I think there might be some missing files from the texture vps. the 30mb might be from newer files as well.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

I did try to clear out any unused files when I released 3.6.5, so I may have accidentally removed some I shouldn't've when I did that (And nobody's noticed 'til now).
-C

Offline redmenace

Frankly I am tempted to integrate LS latest release into the texture.vp. With your permission I will do that.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, I don't mind, as long as the animated textures stay in the adveffects VP. Moving them there dramatically cut down on the number of system-slowdown complaints. ;)
-C

Offline darleth

The files mv textures and mv zpack are wrong, I download both about 4 times, and allways said CRC fail...

Could tell me where I can donwload both files?

Thanks...
DARLETH