Author Topic: New MediaVP: 3.6.5  (Read 34373 times)

Greetings, first of all, congrats to all involved in getting this out for us to use. :)  Now I assume that to have all of the effects here I would download the Zpack yes? if so then the link gives me a "400 bad request" error. However I have seen in parts of this forum that a complete build will be available at the end of the month? If so then should I just wait for that to be finished? Or is there another link that the Zpack can be downloaded from?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Congratulations...you all exceeded my monthly bandwidth limit of 5000 GB. :p

Unfortunately, I can't really upload the VPs to the dev site via the script, textures, hieffects, and zpack are above the upload limit and they're all self-extracting RARs to maximize compression. I can recompress them as .zip or somesuch, but I'd rather not because RAR is better at compressing 'em.

So, Inqui, PM me? :)
-C

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

5000000 MB : 110 MB (zPack) = 45454 Downloads :eek2:

Even more as the zPack is the full package, and many people probably downloaded the other parts.

Awesome.

Edit: Big files like this should be (at least in addition) hosted via P2P. If someone were to set up a Tracker, I'd give my 24 kb/s UL as seeder for a while. ;)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2004, 08:08:51 am by 1688 »
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Are all the latest official media VP's uploaded to the SCP website as of yet or is it still the old ones?

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Erm...5000 MB, sorry. (5 GB) So, more like around 50. 45,454 downloads would be incredible, that's 22 times the number of members on the board. :p

I can't give you the exact statistics because my account is locked. Although, they would be happy to reopen my account if I give them a valid credit card number. :p

No, the latest ones are not on the official indiegames site. The script there is geared to prevent people from uploading viruses or taking up huge amounts of server space, meaning the mediaVPs (large executables) aren't working well with the script.
-C

Offline redmenace

sorry they are not new. I am just waiting to be sure that everything is alright.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Ok.
Sorry, I diddnt mean to sound pushy. I just wanted ask first before I spend time downloading something that could be hte wrong thing. I could help host them on Game Warden but I am afraid of bandwidth problems too. I might be able to host some of the smaller files. Just let me know if you dont have a solution pretty soon. Thanks again guys.

im sooo late, 3D RADAR?! JESUS i need a strip of 512DDR !

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

Glad to be of service! :)
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Sorry to repeat this, but is there another working link for the mv_zpack?

Offline Silent Warrior

• My thoughts go where no one knows to tread.
Allow me to second that. I get a 0kb .exe that, well, doesn't do a thing. At least nothing good that I can see. Same with all the smaller parts.
I can't go home again until I find a stone a rose a door.
Choo choo, and that is the truth.

Offline redmenace

well WMCoolmon is supposed to have it on warpcore tonight
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Awesome. I finally get to play with the revised and bug free versions :) :) :)

Offline KyJelly

Originally posted by redmenace
well WMCoolmon is supposed to have it on warpcore tonight

where is this warpcore?

and just to make sure, the zpack is all i need right?

and since i havn;t been here for a while has the higher resolution bug been fixed? the one where if i ran at 1600x1200 the target distance thingy would not be on the target.

thnx
P4 3ghz
6800 Ultra

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
It seems the table file in the zpack does not include my beam effects in it but all the images for the beamglows are included.

Result... bfpinks
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline redmenace

ok, do you have a copy of vpmage? You can alter the tables your self and make a new zpack. Then can you ICQ it to me?
              -Frederic Bastiat

Hey, after you finish upoading the mediaVP's to warpcore could you make an announcment so we can know?

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Yeah, I want the new effects.:shaking:  BAD!
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Will be any futur change for the flak explosion ?
I have some preferance for the psychonaut blue flak version.

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/1138/exp20300016wb.jpg

It make Freespace 2 more and more exciting.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I keep thinking 'methane flak'
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist