Author Topic: ModelView Problem  (Read 1566 times)

When I try to load the Shivan Comm Node it says there's a missing file, and no image shows up (at least no textured image). Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using V1.0 Beta 05 (Build 28) if that matters.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Are you loading it through VPView or are you loading the entire VP into modelview?

Not that it makes a difference to me either way.

What happens in game? What happens in FRED?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

if it doesnt happen in game, it shouldnt happen anywhere else...
if the world is my oyster - why can't i eat it?

desktop fs v1.61 - clicky
www.game-warden.com/desktopfs/

If i had a penguin, for everytime i had a donkey, id have 27 ways to dance one your rooftop

Uh, well I don't think I've tried it in game as it was a fresh install for my campaign and I didn't play through the FS2 campaign. I loaded it right from the sparky vp btw.

Sometimes I can get it if I open another model first, but then there's like a box around it and I just get the image, not the information about it (like subsystems, detail levels, etcetera).

I noticed something similar the other day, when I opened up LM2's Chaos.VP to look at the NTD Liberty and I loaded it, got an error message though it still displayed the model . . . BUT, I could see like black lines through the textures of the wireframe on the opposite side of the ship. T'was odd.

Actually the only reason I ask is that I want a picture of the Comm Node against a black background for my webpage, so if someone can send something like that over that'd be cool too :) (with a 800xwhatever file size too so I can shrink it down and it won't look like crud)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Seeing as how I'm in a good mood

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
you have to have all of it's textures in the same folder as modelview, otherwise it doesn't load them and gives you an error.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Unless they are in a VP file in the main FS2 folder.

That reminds me did you set up Modelview so that it knows where the FS2 Folder is?

If not go to options in the file menu and then click on configure game directories. Make it point to the main FS2 folder.

Seeing as how I'm in a good mood

merci beaucoup