Author Topic: Nebula in Freespace 1?  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Nebula in Freespace 1?
Would it be possible to somehow create (mod) a FS2-esque nebula in FS1? It just popped into my mind, so I thought to ask it here.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Not really, no.  Closest you could get would be an incredibly complex model, but even then you wouldn't be able to work with transparency to get a proper effect, so....nae chance.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Impossible until we do not have the FS1 Source Code, which will not happen.
The best you can do is to play around with the subspace texture and make your mission intersubspace.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Now, with the port...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Originally posted by TopAce
Impossible until we do not have the FS1 Source Code, which will not happen.
The best you can do is to play around with the subspace texture and make your mission intersubspace.

The FS1 source code was destroyed in the creation of FS2 AFAIK.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That is the sole reason I have said it would not happen, compatriot. :D
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Why does it matter? Why not just download Freespace 2 and get the FS1 port?

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Cuz' FS1 owns you all :p No, but seriously though, I think the Port is just Vasudan propaganda :o ...;)
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire