Author Topic: Your favorite missions in FS1?  (Read 879 times)

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Your favorite missions in FS1?
Yes, another one! So, what are your favorite missions in the Freespace 1 main campaign? No reasons are needed, but appreciated. I'll limit this to three missions max (hey, don't blame me, I couldn't decide which ones I liked more:p). Mine are the Avenging Angels, First Strike and Running the Gauntlet.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Current projects: GVCa Tanen, Vasudan Imperium
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Playing Judas... Black Omega... and the chase across Delta Serpentis.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
We had this topic before...
A long ago.
The Great Hunt and the Good Luck
I also like the La Routa Della Fortuna and the mission where you capture the Taranis.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

"Truth" is the opinion of the majority which it can enforce on the minority. Members of the minority have two choices: join the bandwagon or think. Those who do not fall into line will be brutally crushed.
The tools to maintain order are: lies, double standards, and hypocrisy. The most powerful and the most insidious of them is hypocrisy

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've always been a fan of Exodus and The Great Hunt.  Of course, Good Luck is included automatically. :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
  • Administrator
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh man, there were so many...

--The Field of Battle really impressed me the first time I played it.  Much fun.
--The Hammer and the Anvil had great atmosphere.
--So did Playing Judas.  Nothing beats the "OH, CRAP!" moment when the Lucifer jumps in.  Well, maybe the "You're kidding me!" moment when Command tells you to fly into the docking bay. :D
--Evangelist was fun.
--Exodus had great atmosphere and really captured the feeling of recovering after a massive attack.
--Black Omega was lots of fun.  Take out a Typhon - whee!
--Good Luck goes without saying.

Those were the ones that stood out the most.  Overall I'd say Playing Judas, Black Omega and Good Luck.