Author Topic: 3.6.5 Beta Test  (Read 7819 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Mr.Fury's bug looks like a problem with the files themselves. Another thing to check out...
-C

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I don't know if 3.6.5 mediavp's have different thruster effects than 3.6, but the bug is reproducable with 3.6 mediavp thrusters as well as our own. As far as I can tell, right edge of the files are completely empty (black) where the artifacts show up in-game.

Col. Fishguts has also confirmed the bug is reproducable on his system and he's seen nothing wrong with the files either.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
actually, i played 3.6. it looks like different effects...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
I don't know if 3.6.5 mediavp's have different thruster effects than 3.6, but the bug is reproducable with 3.6 mediavp thrusters as well as our own. As far as I can tell, right edge of the files are completely empty (black) where the artifacts show up in-game.

Col. Fishguts has also confirmed the bug is reproducable on his system and he's seen nothing wrong with the files either.

You're sure it's not TBP's engine effects? (ie EVERYTHING is 0 at the end of the file)

Edit: The other thing it looks like it could be is that the file is looped...ie, one end of the thruster is showing up at the other end of the file in a 1-pixel misalignment. I'm not well-versed enough in graphics though to know.
-C

Offline Ranavin

Well, I just played another few missions. The Psamtik's weapons are ohsoshiny, and I love the new jump point model.

@redmenace: This is starting with a fresh install of FS2-1.20, and the vidcard is a Radeon 9200.

@taylor:
Load times: The thing that surprised me was that 3.6.5 takes so much longer than 3.6.0, even with zpack and the same command line for both. Is this because 3.6.0 wasn't properly/completely loading the 3.6.5 zpack?
D3D Crash: I'll try it windowed and sans movies as soon as I figure out how. If the problem is the minimized->fullscreen transition, perhaps there's a way to stop it from doing that?
[UPDATE]
Running without movies doesn't help matters.
Running it windowed works fine.
Can't figure out how to stop it from minimizing when it starts, sticking with OGL for now.

@Cobra: Mounting Juggernought beams on a fighter? I'm going to have to try that.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2004, 04:36:08 pm by 2379 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
it's called force loading. you activate cheat mode and hold down `and zero or `+ shift + zero and you go backwards and go to BFGreen. if you want to see it in external, zoom all the way out, it's blinding.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Ranavin

I was actually thinking in terms of editing the TBLs; your way sounds better, tho.
[UPDATE]
THE POWER FLOWS THROUGH MY VEINS! ALL IS AS DUST BEFORE ME!
Erm. That is to say, I did some experimentation and the BFRed seems to be the Shivan superdreadnought beam, and somewhat more powerful than the BFGreen (which I'm guessing the the weapon used by the Colossus). Both of them, however, are more than capable of bisecting a frigate. It's quite addictive.

I also just had my first out-of-memory. Halfway through mission 4 it died; I checked and FS2O had allocated over 600mb! Perhaps it's time to disable some of the more memory-intensive VPs.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2004, 01:16:56 am by 2379 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

You're sure it's not TBP's engine effects? (ie EVERYTHING is 0 at the end of the file)

Like I already said, the thing is reproducable with 3.6 mediavp thruster effects and our own.