Author Topic: This has probably been answered a million times, but...  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Cniinc

This has probably been answered a million times, but...
OK, it seems like Release 2 is made for Freespace Vanilla. If I have FS2_Open, can i still run TBP? Please put the answer in ur FAQ, it'll prob. save you some time from n00bs like me :)

Oh, and a side question: are the models in TBP Hi-Res? can I download Hi-Res versions of them? i think my PC can handle it, but i'm really bad at finding them.

Thanks

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Errr... ok, it works this way:

Everything that works in Vanilla FS2 can work in FS_Open

Not Everything that works in FS_Open will run in Vanilla FS2.
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You should be able to run R1 or R2 with fs2_open.

Do you mean hi-res textures or hi-poly models? If we are talking generally here, then textures are low-res and models low-poly. By vanilla FS2 standards most textures are hi-res and models are hi-poly. This has changed now that we use fs2_open.

There are no better versions of textures or models available that you can use right away.

Offline Edwin

you should be able to run it just fine, i know there is a version of FS2open designed specifically for TBP floating around somewhere, but wither the regular fs2open or the tbp open should work with R2 and R1.

Offline Cniinc

OK, that cleared it up, Thanks. So does that mean that the mod Inferno will work with FS_open too?

Originally posted by Mr. Fury

Do you mean hi-res textures or hi-poly models? If we are talking generally here, then textures are low-res and models low-poly. By vanilla FS2 standards most textures are hi-res and models are hi-poly. This has changed now that we use fs2_open.

hi res textures and hi-poly models. Everything to make it look pretty
:D. I do mean by FSOpen standards. I'm trying to show my friends that using Open, Freespace 2 can look as good as Half-life 2, so i'm looking for anything you guys can give me ;)

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by Cniinc
I'm trying to show my friends that using Open, Freespace 2 can look as good as Half-life 2, so i'm looking for anything you guys can give me ;)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,28713.0.html

Scroll down a few posts and enjoy :D