Author Topic: Ask A Pilot. . .  (Read 5399 times)

Offline Red5

• http://www.roughnecks.org
Maybe some Shivans are taller than others, or even fatter. the one tht jumped  on the THOTH coulda been a obese shivan.  Most of em are skinny tho
This is my signature

Offline Slasher

Originally posted by venom2506:

Remember the ST cutscene is a leftover, they didn't keep it for some reason.
A shivan can fit in a Dragon w/o any pb, according to this pic. Damn you can put 3 shivans in it lol

The same logic can be used on that picture as well.  As I recall, it wasn't in a cutscene or even a command briefing, but one of many "left overs" for the credits.  

And come to think of it, that Shivan is a "tiny" bit bigger than either the Vasudan or Terran there.  Again, I'm not saying that they're huge, but when you look at one up next to a Dragon you can't help but think it's be a pretty tight squeeze.

I also doubt that the Shivan fighters are controlled by remote or drones, because as QXMX said, the GTVA would probably have found a way to jam them by now and make killing the Shivan fighters as easy as a turkey shoot.  While I'm not saying this applies to all Shivan fighters, we know that a Terran pilot can fit inside a Mara.  This means that there was likely space for a cockpit to begin with, which could quite possibly mean that there's a Shivan inside (we don't know this for absolute certainty which is why I'm not saying this as though it's fact, even if it makes 100% sense).  And even after cockpit space was alloted, there was plenty of room for weapons stores and subsystems.  Just more evidence to pick apart the drone/remote control theory.

However, I don't think we've ever heard of a Shivan being picked out of a fighter, have we?  We know that they populate their freighters with them (the Hall Fight cutscene in FS1 is proof of this).

[This message has been edited by Slasher (edited 09-02-2001).]

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Actually, if you look closely, it's an Azrael.

obese shivan
Sorry but that just makes me laugh when I hear it  
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Slasher

Hard to imagine an overly xenophobic race bent on wiping anything that moves off the face of the galaxy becoming obese.  Oh, and thanx for the correction.  We know that the Shivans populate their transports at least.

And since I've strayed so far off topic here, I'd figure I'd better post a legitimate question:

"What fighter is your overall favorite, and what loadout do you use with it?"

Yes, I know you're all thinking what a stupid question this is and how it's sooo subjective.  But you have to remember that if there was a real GT(V)A, we'd only be getting a glimpse into real piloting operations playing the game.  Basically, just the combat part.  We never see what's it's like to take the ship out of the hanger, enter subspace from the cockpit's point of view, arm missiles, and other things regular pilots would take as a given.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
I would ask

"Why can't you guys fly?"
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Slanker

"What´s your real name, Alpha1 ?"
Here comes my sig... oh finished :D

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hey Slanker, why do you always use the wrong apostrophe (` instead of ')? Is your keyboard retarded?  

Err, what else? Yeah, what did the training involve?
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
"How confertable is the seat in the appollo, and how warm is it in there?"

------------------
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
YAAH! DEATH TO OATMEAL!
------------------
Head Campaign Manager in Knossos Campaign
------------------
"You have been overloaded with knowlage my young friend" -  untouchable
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Slanker

Originally posted by Setekh:
Hey Slanker, why do you always use the wrong apostrophe (` instead of ')? Is your keyboard retarded?  

Yes... :muppet:

Here comes my sig... oh finished :D

Offline Joey_21

• http://denebsystem.cjb.net/
What do Terran accomadated Vasudan craft look/smell like inside?  

------------------
Creator of the Table Edit project.
IRC: /server twisted.ma.us.DAL.net /join #Deneb
Visit The Deneb System.
Balance?! Don't you talk to me about balance when you've seen all the Sathanases the Shivans have!! - Joey_21
Checkout the System Madness II campaign

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/

One of the theories fits in conjunction with the theory that the Shivans we see are just bio-suits or something like that

but Adam Pletcher said they were whagt the shivans really looked like, and that the metal things were bio-implants, not suites.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

theories

- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.