Author Topic: A couple new ideas (again)  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
A couple new ideas (again)
Well, I'm back again (yet again)...  meh, I'll skip it this time.

I dont know if this has already been suggested before, I searched and I couldnt find anything regarding it, so here it is.

I always liked the ability to launch a double payload when I was in a hurry, or when the situation called for it...  Such as launching two trebuchet torpedos to take out a heavy bomber.  However, I didnt always like the way it worked.  Simply toggling between single and double launch was very...  limited.  If I were to create a nice modified bomber that was fast, but was able to carry a helios, the ability to launch two at a time would ruin the balance I was looking for.  Likewise if the same bomber would only be able to launch two sets of tempests at once, it would ruin the balance I was looking for as well.

You can probably guess what my suggestion is.  Instead of a simple toggle of single or double firing mode, I'd like to see a cycle of specified number of simeoutaneous launches, perhaps in ships.tbl, so that when you press SHIFT + /, you cycle between one, two, three, etc on a bank that can have that many allowable firing modes.  If it not specified, the default would be two, as not to break compatibility.

I forgot my other idea, but it's to be expected.

BTW, did the allowable weapons per each bank get implemented yet?  And did WMCoolmon fix the modular external weapons.tbl entries?
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
Wow...  37 views and not a single reply

I feel so unloved :(.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
This would probably require too much work to be worthwile, unfortunatley. I'm not on the SCP though so i could be wrong.

However on a similar note i'd like to see smoe kinda support for a control feature that, for example, when i held down my secondary weapon cycle button for a second it would switch between dual and single-fire mode. It's rather agonising to keep reaching over to Shift+/
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Unless someone else has worked on it, I don't think the modular weapons table issue has been fixed.

Edit: OTOH, it didn't seem to be a problem for some people, so try it out anyway.
-C

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
I use single-fire only very, very rarely to be honest, so I wouldn't really find this feature of much use. There is no weapon that is more useful (i.e. can kill a target outright) as a single shot than a double shot is wasteful. Yeah, a single treb will kill a fighter, but you'll waste three trying to score the hit, so there's no point. Also, what if you're using dumbfires? You'd be holding the trigger down, and it'd be switching constantly...

The multiple-fire option would be useful, though - I think that bombers should be able to volley-fire dumbfires, for example. It's a bit silly that you can fire only two at once. You should have the option of dumping the rack onto one target in a few bursts if you so desire... :yes:
Any fool can pull a trigger...