Author Topic: Progress Update  (Read 11014 times)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
ok for those of you who are dying for an MT progress update:

I have just finished fredding the last mission of the campaign.  This is not to say that i have finished fredding all of the missions, but it isn't to say i haven't either.  But the last one of the campaign is done. :ha:

ok seriously.  

I did just finish fredding the final campaign mission.  I have gone in order (pretty much), with the exception of some loops, and a few missions that i am thinking about the particulars on.  i would say that i have about the equivalent of 10 missions of work left to do.  This does not mean that the missions are finished....but it does mean that we can end phase one of fredding and start on phase 2, which should go much faster than phase one.  After phase 2, we can start with the voices.  I'll be handling that as well.  So prime your vocal chords...MT missions may very well be entering the home stretch soon.

There is still alot of work to be done on the MOD as a whole, but the gang is slowly coming back online (metaphorically) and getting back to work on it.  I am seriously hoping for a summer release date.  That may a bit optimistic, but with the progress rate we have had, it will almost definately be in 2005.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, considerring that, modelwise, I think we're 98% (ha!) done... that may be realistic. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
So, are you guys close enough to completion to make an estamated guess on a possible release date/month?

And we haven't just been dying for an MT progress report, we have been dying for the MT campaign. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
More than likely, unless SW takes an extended honeymoon, it'll be before or during the Summer. If he takes an extended honeymoon, though, expect 2007. ;)

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
if i take an extended honeymoon, you can expect my sons to finish the fredding for me ;)

Casualties of War

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
The man speaks the truth, we're getting close to completion fast. To tell the truth, I think the area where we're further behind is cutscenes... But I plan to start to correct that soon.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Originally posted by Kosh
So, are you guys close enough to completion to make an estamated guess on a possible release date/month?

That we can't give yet, but when time comes we will give release date and it will be (locked release date so we can't miss it
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
actually we will finish the thing and then say that we will be releasing in two weeks...just so that we can release it a month late and call it on time as far as HLP time is concerned.

Casualties of War

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Originally posted by Styxx
The man speaks the truth, we're getting close to completion fast. To tell the truth, I think the area where we're further behind is cutscenes... But I plan to start to correct that soon.

Cutscene?!?!?:eek2:
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
cutscheneS
I hate My signature!

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
and they friggin ROCK!!!!!  I've seen the first one in it's entirety, and it amazing.  The second as well.....amazing stuff.  I won't tell you how many there are, but just reading the direction for them.....they are masterful.  I think styxx designed them, and did the directing for them.  his concepts are very professional, and seconde only to his sense of cinematography.  They are beautiful to look at from an FS2 standpoint, and nothing short of amazing from a technical standpoint.  You'd may as well bow to him now, and call him Your Magesty.

Casualties of War

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Can it be Majesty, with a "j", please? :D

Originally posted by Liberator
Cutscene?!?!?:eek2:

And yeah, cutscenes, more than one. We have some good video time done already, but there's lots to do yet. I posted some previews a long time ago, they should be buried somewhere on these forums.
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
so the d/l file is gonna be ginormous huh?
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Nah... we're having the coders set it up so that the cutscenes will be streamed from MT's servers on the internet when you get to the cutscenes, And to make things real easy, they'll be in .rm format, since everyone uses real player...

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
but the missions folder is currently 65 megs, i'm getting done though...hope that helps.  oh yeah, it's also in winzip, not rar, so it will shrink a little.

Casualties of War

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
And since we're going for the best image quality here, we'll be using Targas...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Raa
And to make things real easy, they'll be in .rm format, since everyone uses real player...
AGH!  NO!

Please tell me you're joking... :shaking:

I'd rather download the whole thing in one go anyway.  Streaming cutscenes = bad. :no:

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by Goober5000
AGH!  NO!

Please tell me you're joking... :shaking:

I'd rather download the whole thing in one go anyway.  Streaming cutscenes = bad. :no:

Ransom concurs.

Offline Steel

• http://www.rlgaming.com
Originally posted by Raa
Nah... we're having the coders set it up so that the cutscenes will be streamed from MT's servers on the internet when you get to the cutscenes, And to make things real easy, they'll be in .rm format, since everyone uses real player...

you're not seriously doing that?!? :eek2:
Helmut "Steel" Fritz
Stop, Look, and Listen

XO, Wings of Fury
http://www.wings-of-fury.com

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Why? It'll save all of you prescious bandwidth...