Author Topic: Role of the squadron leader  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Role of the squadron leader
What exactly is the role of a squadron leader in FS? Do they participate in combat missions or just do the paperwork and deliver the briefings to the pilots?
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
The player gets to be squadrn leader at some point, so they must do. I suspect there's a lot more to it than just the missions though that the engine couldn't emulate.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Probably assign who flies, what they fly, what weapons they fly with, their individual combat roles and responsibilities, and maybe also plans certain aspects of the missions.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Squadron leaders assign missions, briefings, do paperwork, and sometimes lead the wing in missions.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works in real life.

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
The higher-ups designate the targets and the type of deployment necesary.

The squadron leader weaponeers the mission (decides how many, what kind of ships and when will fly with whom in the cockpit).

In cut-off the squad. leader also has authority to follow up on his orders and designate objectives of his owns.
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan