Author Topic: The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.  (Read 20654 times)

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by IPAndrews
1 hour is enough. Lots of actors will only get a handful of lines. Get your mike out in that next 1hr slot and record a sample. See the first message of this thread.

It's one hour for pretty much everything, including FREDding.

That, and my voice sucks. bad. :P
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
I've sent in my delicate english accent.
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Script is done.

The distribution of lines is pretty crazy. There are 60 characters! So we do still need more voice actors. Most characters have only a very small handful of lines. A small number, 5 or 6, have nearer a hundred!

Anyway. I'm casting now. Some of you will be receiving email in a few minutes.  One thing we do need is a native English speaking female voice actor to play Cpt Tennison.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
You have at least two femal voice samples in your email by now. The other should be native english.

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Hmm.. I might send a sample too. My spoken english isn't that good, but you can decide that. :)
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
You have at least two femal voice samples in your email by now. The other should be native english.

Not @ hotmail I haven't. Must be the other one?
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by IPAndrews

Not @ hotmail I haven't. Must be the other one?

The other one.

Offline Roanoke

Originally posted by karajorma
Have you tried turning on the synthesised speech? It's not as good as voice acting but it's better than nothing :)

that damn thing starts to get on my tits after a few minutes......

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well put Roanoake. Anyway, voice acting is progressing. As promised a few of you should have received emails by now offering you parts. I'm very pleased with the voice actors who kindly contacted us. The quality is of a very high standard.

Offline Holmes

Received the e-mail and the Tennison script, Andrews.  Thank you.  I will try to get to work on it within the next few days.

-Holmes
"But manhood is melted into courtesies, valour into compliment, and men are only turned into tongue, and trim ones too: he is now as valiant as Hercules that only tells a lie and swears it."  

--William Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing, Act IV, Scene I

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Kevin Barnard

Jacob Hunt

Please contact me at [email protected]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 03:50:42 am by 43 »

Yeehaw!

Thanks! I'll do my best to get those lines done.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
We're still short of voice actors. There are about 20 roles remaining. All of them are very small. Most between one and three lines.

If you have a mike and some free time (how long would recording three lines of diologue take?) please see the first message of this thread to find out how you can contribute.

Offline Xaphod

• http://www.fishinstitution.com
Did you get my sample?
Burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me.
My website - The Fish Institution

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Not sure. I don't know your real name off the top of my head. We'll need more than just you anyhow :). Come on people, sign up.

Offline Thrilla

I was wondering if you recieved my sample.

94th Combat Support Hospital, 807th Medical Brigade

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Nope Cody. Didn't get that one. Resend it to [email protected] . You do the same Xaphod.

With you two guys that's 18 roles remaining...

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
15 now :)

Offline JBlade

I tried to make sample, but my microphone sucks and it sounded terrible, i will try to borrow one from my friend and try then again, and with luck, it will work :D
Visit www.starwreck.com for good laughters and great Sci-Fi!

Sent. :) sorry again for a bit crappy quality, I need to get an cable for one of my better micĀ“s.