Author Topic: The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.  (Read 20591 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
The Babylon Project is requesting for voice actors.
We need voice actors for a large number of missions. At first it is "only" 16 missions, after that we need to re-check who's still available and willing to record voices for even more missions.

Please do not waste our and your time, if you know you will not have the time or will to commit yourself to this lenghty process.

First we need a sample of your voice, here's a brief guide how to do it.
- Don't breath into the microphone.
- The position of your microphone should be on the left or right side of your mouth with a distance of 2-3 cm.
- Don't alter your voice too much, it would be noticeable.
- Make sure you do a clean record, so no pop or clicks on this one.
- Record following line: "This is Delta 1, we've arrived at the designated coordinates."
- To capture the sample, you need a microphone and a recording software. If you don't have a recording software, try free Audacity
- Record your natural voice, no voice suppressing, etc. From our perspective it is better to have a bad recording than bad acting. If you feel like it, you can try to change your voice, but make those samples seperate from the natural.
- Record your sample in 44 Khz, 16 bit, mono. Do NOT make any post-processing to your voice sample. We'd prefer you to save your samples in ogg format since it offers the best quality/compression ratio of the most common audio formats.
- When you have finished capturing your sample(s), compress the sample(s) into a rar or zip archive and send it to my email WITH a topic "TBP Voice Acting - Lastname Firstname". [email protected]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2005, 08:17:20 am by 173 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Isn't there a website somewhere, for a group of people who do voice acting for all sorts of mods?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I am not aware of such a group.

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
If you guys don't mind a little bit of Dutch accent (:p) I think I can get TCO to give it a try.

And no, I will not do it. I suck at it so don't even ask :p;)
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've never seen so much as one episode of Babylon 5, but I might be able to do something.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Originally posted by aldo_14
Isn't there a website somewhere, for a group of people who do voice acting for all sorts of mods?

Yes.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
They seem to have a clue but we haven't yet decided if we should contact them.

Meanwhile, we'd appreciate those samples. ;)

Interesting, I will try. Nothing to loose.  New York long island accent here.  Downloading software

Mr. Fury...
If I was to apply, and be accepted, would I have to leave my current team?  I'm currently part of the WCS team.
The big cool ship...

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Originally posted by xenthorious
Mr. Fury...
If I was to apply, and be accepted, would I have to leave my current team?  I'm currently part of the WCS team.

If you think you can find the time for two projects no one is stopping you. Hell,  look at me. Three projects :D

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I used to have six at once point.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by xenthorious
Mr. Fury...

Why? As long as I am concerned, you can be staff member of all currently hosted projects.
And no, voice actors will not become TBP staff members if that's what you thought. :p

Originally posted by Mr. Fury

Why? As long as I am concerned, you can be staff member of all currently hosted projects.
And no, voice actors will not become TBP staff members if that's what you thought. :p

Not that I am stating anyone involved with Hard Light Productions, but I've had my experiences of people who were paranoid.  Thank you very much for answering Mr. Fury.

EDIT: I type fast, sometimes to fast.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 02:08:28 pm by 1975 »
The big cool ship...

All too happy to record voices, as long as you do not mind a Australian accent... :D

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
sent.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Sent.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We've got a number of samples already, the more the better so keep 'em coming. :)

Do not worry if we don't reply to your emails. At the moment we're only collecting and checking those samples.

Can we send a second sample or something? Cause I don't think I sounded that great in the one I sent.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
We'd prefer you to get right on the first time. If you feel like it totally sucks, then send a new one,

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
i'll give it a go during the course of the week, see how i go, that is, if you don't mind an aussie accent :p
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------