Author Topic: TBP Fred briefing icons problem  (Read 2005 times)

Offline mr.WHO

TBP Fred briefing icons problem
Hi, I'm working on single missions for 3.0 (1 ready, 3 more planned, so far). I have one problem:

1)Ca you (TBP team) post wich icon (aka cruiser wing etc.) is for wich ship?

Edit: If you are too lazy- I can't fing an icon for BK Avioki

2) I have werd problem: I have 3 ships: 1 whitestar, 2 nials, all of them have that same icon in FRED briefing(cruiser) but werd thing is that in briefing Whitestar have diffrend icon that those 2 nials!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2005, 04:17:09 am by 1471 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Open your Start menu, open Programs and The Babylon Project, open Documentation and open Briefing icon chart. Voilá!

Offline mr.WHO

That should help for both my problems, thx.

Offline mr.WHO

umph.. me again, which avi file represent which race & profesion
(aka Narn pilot, Centauri command etc)??

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I suggest you download Descent Manager Freespace Kit.
Download DLL pak as well.

Hmh, another thing to add to the readme.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
On the subject of briefing icons, while I was testing one of the single missions, I ckicked on one of the icons to bring up the ship pof, but I was met with a CTD. The error message said that unknownship.pof couldn't be found.  Either the TBP team has that model but forgot to include it in the pack, or its another file from the original FS2 VPs that need to be retained (and yes, I know that its just that spinning "?" thing).  Also, my copy of VPview refuses to open the main TBP-core VP.  I may have to use an editor.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It's a missing original pof there TP. I'm mystified as to why your core VP won't open in VPView as it works fine for me. Are you using VPView 1.3 or the newer beta version (2.0 IIRC) cause I used 1.3.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by Trivial Psychic
On the subject of briefing icons, while I was testing one of the single missions, I ckicked on one of the icons to bring up the ship pof, but I was met with a CTD. The error message said that unknownship.pof couldn't be found.

I noticed this a few hours before releasing the base, I wasn't too fussed about it since mission designers are supposed to use the ones listed in the briefing icon chart.