Author Topic: New script!  (Read 6403 times)

Tell me what you think, and its for my Four Towers campian.

The date is one year sense we lost Cpella system to the Shivans as we were on the bracing point, a large spaceship came out of Subspace. There’s was, a group of seekers looking for a place to call home.

The ship they were in was massive 23.10 km long, then-10 more jumped out of Subspace, and then 5 more they told us that they come in peace. They told us that on each ship 20,00000 of there people. Then they said that their planet was lost to the Great Destroyers, they said that they came in ships that were bigger than anything, that they’d seen before.

------------------
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
are there any girls on it?  

------------------

------------------
                         [email protected]                       Staff member of
SOC Inferno,
can you defeat
the shivans?  
Soc Inferno

Project Rebellion
Gost of the past
iqc 102628858
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Originally posted by darkage:
are there any girls on it?      

HAHAHA! yep.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 08-31-2001).]

Offline Unidan

• http://unidan.stickserv.net/
Will you make a render of what they look like?

------------------
My E-Mail=     [email protected]    

If Indiana Jones and Han Solo were in a fight... who would win?

If you figure out what this number means you win a prize :D
26724 2337

I am the Parser Breaker!!!
I'll think of a siggie later..

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by Unidan:
Will you make a render of what they look like?

they have 5 legs and 5 arms, they are female shivans  
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by venom2506:
they have 5 legs and 5 arms, they are female shivans  

Nope I havent made one yet I think.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Sounds good. Can't wait to see some progress on it  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Originally posted by Setekh:
Sounds good. Can't wait to see some progress on it  

It will be a skech not a render, becouse I cant make one but if some one could do that then yes, and I have the them now one male and one feemale now all I need is to scan them. Then you will a know what they look like, I hope you will like them.

Originally posted by StarGunner:

...Then they said that their planet was lost to the Great Destroyers, they said that they came in ships that were bigger than anything, that they’d seen before.

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Not another "My ship is bigger than yours' plotline...

Seriously tho, it sounds like a decent plotline (sort of like Alien Nation), but (my personal preference) I would reccomend nixxing the Shivan Super-duper-looper dreadnaught idea (likely you'll have your hands full just modelling your refugee's fleet).

Maybe you could have the player flying as part of the refugee fleet, end the campaign when they reach GTVA space, and start another campaign that begins with the arrival of the refugees...

Just a thought
I told you that It would be done by November, well, mostly anyway...

I'm working on something new... shhhhh, it's a seceret.

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Not another "My ship is bigger than yours' plotline...

Seriously tho, it sounds like a decent plotline (sort of like Alien Nation), but (my personal preference) I would reccomend nixxing the Shivan Super-duper-looper dreadnaught idea (likely you'll have your hands full just modelling your refugee's fleet).

Maybe you could have the player flying as part of the refugee fleet, end the campaign when they reach GTVA space, and start another campaign that begins with the arrival of the refugees...

Just a thought

Good thinking I like that. But the ships them selfs are not four battle, they are more like a colliny ship, they have only light wepions. They do have a battle ship that is the sise of a sathna but that is all the bigger they can get with a warship.  

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-03-2001).]

I now have some of the them dune now I will post them soon.  

Good thinking I like that. But the ships them selfs are not for battle, they are more like a colony ship, they have only light weapons.

That's kinda what I thought.  Sort of like the 'Noah' project from 'STARFLIGHT' (an OLD game from the late 80s early 90s I think).  It'll make losing one even more painful if you do it right (make the player FEEL that it's his friends and family on board those things).  Do this not by telling him in a briefing "remember, it's our family out there" (it's campy, it doesn't work, and it'll get you ridiculed) but introduce various characters throughout various cutscenes and in mission.  Make it seem that they interact with the player somehow.  Make them memorable, make them identifiable, make them lovable (not in a soap-opera sense either), and above all, MAKE THEM DIE!  When the ship they're on buys it, they go away, they're not seen anymore, they'll scream as their ship disintagrates, the player gets those telegrams that thier [insert relation here] has passed on, etc.  If you do it right you'll not only upset the protagonist (the player) you'll also piss him off.  You'll make him WANT to see every Shivan in the universe hunted down and shot right in between their compund eyes, he'll want to do it himself.  If you can make the player feel loss from the destruction of these refugee ships he'll see them less as victory conditions and more as things that MUST be protected (fiddling with the emotions isn't just for novels and those terrible movies your girlfriend drags you to, we can do it too, and possibly to much greater effect since the player has more input into the outcome).  It won't be easy to properly instill this into your campaign (too much, not enough, or the wrong approach and you come off sounding like a bad soap-opera), but the overall effect is well worth it.

They do have a battle ship that is the size of a sathna but that is all the bigger they can get with a warship.  

ONLY as big as a Shathanas?!?  I'm assuming they only have one left (the one our player is on?)...

[This message has been edited by jonskowitz (edited 09-06-2001).]

Originally posted by jonskowitz:
   ONLY as big as a Shathanas?!?  I'm assuming they only have one left (the one our player is on?)...

[This message has been edited by jonskowitz (edited 09-06-2001).]
They will have 6-8 of them and they will have the power to take out 2 Shathanas Class ships.  

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html

They will have 6-8 of them and they will have the power to take out 2 Shathanas Class ships.  

Sathanas.  And only two?  How weak.

------------------
Visit Warpstorm.  Do it now.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

!

... and they needed help?

Originally posted by Eishtmo:
Sathanas.  And only two?  How weak.

Whach it ser, I am not like The pepple at Inferno (no afance), who think sise is all that matters, and that the shivans are the only ones whom can bild them that big. I am not Insane.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-07-2001).]

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Whach it ser, I am not like The pepple at Inferno (no afance), who think sise is all that matters, and that the shivans are the only ones whom can bild them that big. I am not Insane.

[This message has been edited by StarGunner (edited 09-07-2001).]

no offense? are you kindding? you don't even talk what you're talking about, so shut up.

SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by venom2506:
no offense? are you kindding? you don't even talk what you're talking about, so shut up.

Calmdown dude, I ment no offense. I was just telling him that I don't like to go and take on some thing that can kill me and my ships in notime flat ok.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Calmdown dude, I ment no offense.

If you don't mean offence, then choose your words more carefully.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Originally posted by Setekh:
If you don't mean offence, then choose your words more carefully.

Ok, now that this is over lets move on shal we?