Author Topic: white star and warlock and primus  (Read 2993 times)

Offline waldi

white star and warlock and primus
1. How do you put the beam for the white star and does it only work for a.i.

2. Does the warlock have beams because i saw it in action and it didnt fire them and i had the beams unlocked.

3. Why does the primus have beam weapons i thought the centauri didnt use them.

1. Dunno

2. Dunno

3. The Primus is likely based off of the Agents of Gaming ship of the same name which features four laser weapons, two in each wing. According to the game's creators, they saw a drawing used by the B5 people that showed lasers in the wings, though they were never actually shown firing on screen.

Offline Roki

If the warolock was facing a white star its beams will not fire... i think got no idea why i was making a mission with heaps of omegha Xs vs white stars couldn't get there beams to fire anything else and they would work fine
"Death Solves all problems No man No problem"

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
1. You need to enable beam-free sexp on Whitestar's or go to mission specs and enable beam-free by default. The beam is not player controllable at this time.

2. Make sure the target is inside the main turret's field of view.

3. Those beams are kind of special weapons, the same as Narn G'Quan's long range energy mines. The beams do little physical damage, but can destroy a whole lot of subsystems in a single sweep. Neither the beams or the energy mines are intended to be used in normal situations.

Note: Capital ships won't fire their main beams or pulses at Whitestars. Why? Because they are flagged as bombers. Anti-capital ship weaponry won't target fighters and bombers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:14:54 am by 173 »

Offline -Norbert-

by Akalabeth Angel
According to the game's creators, they saw a drawing used by the B5 people that showed lasers in the wings, though they were never actually shown firing on screen.

Thats not true.
In the Episode "And now for a word" (ISN reports 36 hours form B5) in season 2, when the G'Quan and the Primus fight, you see both of them using beams.
But since the primus was shown exactly form the side when he fired the beams, you can't see if they really origin form the wings, but it is very likely.

Offline Triggy

• http://www.triggy.co.uk
Actually the Centauri beam colours would not match the Narn beams  (according to AoG IIRC) and there has never been a confirmed Centauri beam firing in the entire run of the show. AoG has the beams listed as "battle lasers" though and although they are powerful they're not (quite) up to the EA heavy X-ray/beam weapons.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Remember during season 5 when evidence of Centauri attacks on shipping lines were being introduced to the council, testimony by Garibaldi (IIRC) said that the Centauri use the energy force of their weapons more like projectiles than beam weapons.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline -Norbert-

But they talk about the Vorchan (which is the only Centauri ship seen in season 5).
The Primus is an far older Design.