Author Topic: Released Missions & Campaigns (5/16/05)  (Read 12343 times)

Offline rynadrk

Released Missions & Campaigns (5/16/05)
This is a list of Missions and Campaigns for all the releases of TBP that I've found and been able to play (with reasonably few bugs):[# of missions]

<link>  Tales of the EAS Janus (R2,C,21)
<link> Wheel of Fire Demo (R2,C,6)
<link> Earth Minbari War Demo (R3,C,5,Voice)
<^^> Raider Wars (R3,C,15)
<^^> Mission Pack 1 (R3,M,6)
<^^>  Movements in the Mist (R3,C,5)
<link> Convoy Party (R3,M,1)
<^^> In the Line of Fire (R3,M,1)
<link> Shadow Dancing (R2,M,1,Ship Pack 1 Required)
<^^> Last Man Standing (R2,M,1)
<^^> Heat 'Em Up (R2,C,10)
<link>  In the Beginning (R2,C,38,Voice (Russian))
<--->  Mission Pack (R1,M,17,Not Hosted)
<^^>  Raiders campaign (R1,C,4,Not Hosted)
<^^>  Missionsandfx (R2,M,4,Not Hosted)

If anyone else knows of any other complete missions or campaigns for any of the releases write them down.  If you have them on your hard drive, we can find a host.  If you know of an active link then that's good too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 01:25:10 pm by 2446 »

Offline mr.WHO

Released Missions & Campaigns
Well, soon you will count 3-5 new single missions because upcoming two weeks will be free from school for me and tommorow I will  finish "Apocalypse" mission ( relase has been delayed due to Half-Life 2 :D   )

Offline Burns

I hope that the devs will take time to review missions and put them up for download in the missions section. Can/does tales of janus work with R3?
That which does not kill me is delaying the inevitable.

Offline rynadrk

Tales of the Janus works as well as it did in the other releases I'd say.  I read that there were problems with the scripting and that you can't get past a certain point.  That's as far as I've made it so far.

EDIT: Rather, I ran into the scripting error and had to stop.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2005, 11:50:11 am by 2446 »

There was "In The Beginning"  fantastic 38 mission campaign.  The Russian/English voice dialog just adds to the intensity of it all.    Some missions had bugs but could be past by the death method.  I think I only managed to get it working with R2 or R1.  

http://www.den5.pochta.ru/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 09:14:59 pm by 2196 »

Offline rynadrk

Is it hosted anywhere else because the link on that site appears to be down.

I would like to know which of these missions and campaigns have voice during missions.  I know Earth-Minbari war does.  Makes missions a lot more playable since it is hard to read text during dogfights.  Of course, one can pause with F4 but voice is still better.
athlon xp 3000+ 1024 mb 333mhz BFG 6800 gt oc 256 mb sbaudigy 2 logitech z-680 5.1 windows xp home sp2

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Probably none except maybe mission pack 1. I think there even one mission with voices. :D

Offline waldi

how do you get that ship pack to work it includes vorlon and shadow ships i downloaded it for r2 and i used fred and all the ships where cool and everything but it didnt work kept saying that there is some error with the vorlon ships

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Your best bet would be to contact the author of the said ship pack.

Just keep in mind that when using unofficial content, such as models you risk breaking official content if unofficial overrides the official one. Anything in data or root folder overrides file of same name in .vp files. And alphabetically the first .vp file has priority over next .vp file.

Offline Miburo

• The Janus
    • Tales of EAS Janus
Yes, probs that Janus might represent might be caused by R3, but otherwise if things hasn't changed too much you should be able to get through it, at least with R2 compatiable pack.

If not, if there is somebody who wants to make fixes, do so (maybe contact me first, if you have that polite). I am not FREDing anymore in these days, so all willing to continue Janus do defianently contact me ;)
Lady Rose, survivor of VWBB with 1198 post, lost somewhere along the line

Creator of Tale of EAS Janus campaign
Mod leader of FWW2 - Finland At War 1939-1945 for Armed Assault

Offline rynadrk

Does anyone have the "In the Beginning" campaign sitting around somewhere?  Maybe it could get hosted on the Bittorrent tracker.

I think he took it down because he didn't want to hear about bugs and also it got out dated.  Bugs aside and age,  It is a beautful campaign! allot of time went into it like all things here at TBP.   Shadow models didn't exist so he somehow changed default Freespace ships too look like shadow ships.  I found a back up on one of my old CD ROMS it is a 19 meg .rar file moved back to my HD.  What should I do to get it around?  I don't think that it is compatable with any other missions or campaigns it over writes everything , maybe anouther reason he stopped access.  R3 is the best, I was able to put down the freespace CDs and never need to pick them up again, this definitly is not compatable with R3.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 05:34:52 pm by 2196 »

Offline rynadrk

If you can, stick it up anyway.  I'd like to have a try at it, and I bet a few other people would like to do it as well.  But, I don't know where you would put it.

I tried tbp-bt.com but I am anti cookie.  I got nasty viriuses in the past with full cookies on at other sites so my sytem is very much locked down. if you have broadband I can email.   In The Beginning really isn't supported.... even by its creator.  If you wish I or you can email Mr. Fury to get it hosted, but again 3.0 is the newest version and really this campaign is for historical reference.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2005, 07:29:23 pm by 2196 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Once the Shadow and Vorlon ships are released maybe some of you guys could take the "In the Beginning" under your wing and bring it up to date so that it fully utilises R3? In the same way that some fans did with the similarly excellent "Derelict" campaign for FS.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Originally posted by PSI-KILLER
I tried tbp-bt.com but I am anti cookie.  I got nasty viriuses in the past with full cookies on at other sites so my sytem is very much locked down. if you have broadband I can email.   In The Beginning really isn't supported.... even by its creator.  If you wish I or you can email Mr. Fury to get it hosted, but again 3.0 is the newest version and really this campaign is for historical reference.

cookies are not virus vectors. That's another security issue entirely; or more likely an ActiveX exploit.

tbp-bt is just fine. :p

Offline den5

Re: Released Missions & Campaigns (1/21/05)
Originally posted by rynadrk
This is a list of Missions and Campaigns for all the releases of TBP that I've found and been able to play (with reasonably few bugs):

<link>  Tales of the EAS Janus (R2,C)
<link> Wheel of Fire Demo (R2,C)
<link> Earth Minbari War Demo (R3,C,Voice)
<^^> Raider Wars (R3,C)
<^^> Mission Pack 1 (R3,M)
<link> Convoy Party (R3,M)
<link> Shadow Dancing (R2,M,MOD Required***)
<^^> Last Man Standing (R2,M,MOD Required***)
<^^> Heat 'Em Up (R2,C,MOD Required***)

***-This Mod is den5's Ship Pack 1 and he no longer hosts it, so bug him into sending it to someone (probably Mr. Fury) for hosting.  And while you are at it, bug him into getting his "In the Beginning" campaign hosted again as well.  Someone just needs to get their hands on this stuff so they don't get lost in the sands of time.  His E-mail address.

If anyone else knows of any other complete missions or campaigns for any of the releases write them down.

For those who still is interested in my campaign. In one time I have removed archive as it became damage. I do not know why so happened. But thanking Mr. Fury you can download it here.

In the Begining

It is not compatible with R3. I work on it. So do not think that I forgot about it. There are things which were not included in the first release. For example, "Solar strike" operation. EA Force conduct secret work on the mysterious alien's ship found in hyperspace.The English language leaves to wish the best. Probably it will be corrected to the following release. Probably is not.

Another link on shipspack1.

ShipsPack1

Missions and campaigns which to me are known.

Missionsandfx (R2, 4 single missions)
missionpack (R1, some single missions and one campaign)
Raiders campaign (R1 campaign)
Movement in the Mist (R1 campaign)

HI den5!!!
I am keeping the faith!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 01:01:47 pm by 2196 »

Offline den5

Thanks.