Author Topic: Multiplayer Help - crashes.  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Aragon

Multiplayer Help - crashes.
Hello,
Good work on release 3, I played some of the single player missions and found it great fun.

I'm going to a LAN event tomorrow and a group of friends and I want to play release 3 multiplayer but I have not been able to start a Multiplayer server.

If I try and create a server I crash to the desktop after clicking the "create game" button.  If I try and create a dedicated server the last thing it shows before it crashes is a dialog window with the title "Loading Missions" and the mission name "Bab5-Demo1.fs2" or "Raider-Multi.fs2" if I just have the 2nd mission pack installed.  It keeps displaying that until I choose to send or not send an error report to Microsoft.

If I remove both the mission packs the dedicated server and normal in-game server do not crash, but obviously I have no missions to play.

PLEASE HELP ME!!@!@!!!

Check how to create a multiplayer game in the Freespace Open forum - I'll post you a link with details later tonight.
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Register yourself a Freespace OPEN Mutiplayer account here:

http://www.burbworld.com/fs2netd/register.php

Create a multiplayer pilot from the pilot selection screen, be sure to selection multiplayer mode.

Go to multiplayer options from the main screen and enter the details on your new details that you just registered in the PXO account info:

The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline Aragon

It must be my luck but the registration seems broken... I get this script error

"Warning: Bad Message destination in h:\webroot\fs2netd\register.php on line 82
Error! Could not send authorization email! Please try again, or contact the administrator"  - http://www.burbworld.com/fs2netd/register.php

:shaking:

I'll try and contact an admin.....
I think all I can do is post some where else o the Hard Light Productions forums... :sigh:

Had that happen to me yesterday, only thing I can suggest is to try again later. I registered successfully today.

Offline Aragon

thanks for the advice, I just tried again and it seems to have registered.

Now to test if I can get a server running, but imo it sounds like it has nothing to do with PXO

Offline Aragon

Thanks guys, it now seems to work.

I wonder why I must have a PXO/fs2netd account for it to work?

fs2netd is Freespace Open's REPLACEMENT to PXO - The PXO Dialogue box in the multiplayer options is just a relic of the interface graphics.

Enable Beam-free-all.