Author Topic: Error : "Failed to save pilot file"  (Read 2502 times)

Offline rodtan

Error : "Failed to save pilot file"
Hi,

I'm new to the game, and have used search but am unable to find any hits for the error.

I managed to install this (to D:\games\TBP\) but when I start the game, I have to enter a callsign. When I do enter one, it gives me the above error with 3 options (Retry, Ignore, Quit Game). Upon hitting ignore, my machine hangs, and I'm forced to reboot. Retry does nothing but gives the error message, and Quit Game sends me back to the desktop.

Anyone have a fix to this? Am looking forward to playing TBP and trying it out.

Thanks,
Rod

My friend had a similar error - all I can suggest is unisntall the game , and then MANUALL Y DELETE THE INSTALLATION FOLDER (it leaves some files behind, which are likely where the problem is).

Reinstall again, preferably to a different location just to be safe.

Let us know how you get on and if the problem occurs again.
The Babylon Project 2D Art / Texturing / Model Setup / Experimentation and Implementation

NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO THE VBB:

Enable Beam-free-all.

Offline rodtan

Yes! It did work! Initially I retried it with the default directory (C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project) and then i uninstalled everything (directory, files, registry keys!) and did the install on D:\Program Files\The Babylon Project. And I could get past the callsign screen. Too tired to continue.. will see if I can actually play a mission tomorrow

Thanks CptWhite!

Offline oohal

hmm i'm getting a similar problem for some absurd reason it sets the folder where i installed TBP to read only, wonder why?
I'm not a pirate i'm an unauthorized software distributer

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
:wtf:
That's just bizarre.

All who have had this problem, would you please give me following information:
- What is your operating system and if any servide packs are installed.
- Do you use an user with admin rights or with limited user rights?
- What filesystem is used. FAT or NTFS?

Offline oohal

ok ignore the first thing i said it seems that all folders are read-only in some way, but i did reinstall everything in new dirs and removed the reg keys, but it still won't save the pilot file and it isn't a problem of disk space either way it's reallly annoying me

XP pro Service pack 1
NTFS
Full admin access

P.S in the launcher it fails to detect any reg keys because it is looking of them where the freespace 2 reg keys are usually stored, would this be a problem?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 08:57:32 am by 2393 »

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
No it is not. Read the readme, it's also explained there. :p

Offline oohal

oh i see, any what i've got it working but creating a directory called players in the data directory, i dunno why it dosn't create the directory automaticly or maby my computer is a bit screwy:rolleyes: