Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91836 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
56K natch. *bludgeons arraxis*
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
When will there be a Derelict II? Knowing Blaise, he'll probably make one. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
BWO is deralict II.

About zPack. It's a waste of bandwidth if you already have some of the media vp files. If you have none of them then it can be a more sensible download :)

Personally I stay away from the zPacks cause I prefer to be able to upgrade vp files individually. That isn't a consideration for most people though :D

Hmmm. Why wasn't this stickied? :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I even stay away from most VPs, prefuring instead do extract the files I want and run with a custom configuration.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by karajorma
BWO is deralict II.  

:eek2: holy...frikkin...crap. *downloads BWO*

Offline Arraxis

• http://www.avidgamers.com/avp
Errr, I'm having a problem at the moment. I'm on the mission where you have to scan the Nyarlthotep, and I've scanned all 6 subsystems as well as the Lilith Cruiser. Now, Command has told me to move away form the Shivans and then jump out, so as not to cause suspicion. The thing is, I've been flying for about 15 minutes and Command still hasn't told me when it's safe to jump out. Previously I jumped out after flying 10 minutes, but I was yelled at for 'having no reason to jump out, and for not scanning the Nyarlthotep'. Should I keep flying throughout the night with time compression 16x turned on, or is this a bug?

P.S. There is a secondary objective to scan any other ships that jump in, but this has not happened.
If Command wanted your opinion they'd promote you to Admiral!

Offline Kai

As far as i know, this is an error. You'll have to FRED the mission.
Just another FS2 maniac

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
FRED a professional mission yourself? pfft. get karajorma to do it. :D

Offline Kai

:)

the easiest way is to extract the missions from the vp and play them separately
Just another FS2 maniac

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Cobra
FRED a professional mission yourself? pfft. get karajorma to do it. :D

:D I'll leave this one to BR. He definately also qualifies as a professional FREDder :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Unstickying, if there are no objections. :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I just got to the mission just after the Nyrathotep wakes up, where you have to rescue the Altantica from pirates.  When Hauler 1 departs with the first of the 4 disabled pirate Perseus, I was suddenly hit with an error message saying that I should warn Goober about this problem, regarding support ships either departing or being destroyed.  I saved the message, but I'm having trouble tracking it down at present.  Any light you can shed on this Goob?

I'm using PhReAk's 01-29 build BTW.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes.  It's just for notification purposes.  Just keep playing and it should be fine.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Unfortunately, once the game has been minimized (except in Bob's new build which hasn't worked for me yet), you can't return to the game without it crashing... its just like the alt-tab thing.  Is there anything that will prevent this message from being displayed?  Will reverting to 3.6.5 prevent this message from being displayed?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i get that with SCP too.

what's with that anyway?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
As a temporary fix, run it in windowed mode (-window on the command line).

Now that I know what's going on, I'll see if I can fix the underlying problem and remove the message.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Thanks to Taylor's lock-proof build, which includes the fixed alt-tab, I was able to complete this mission, with a total of 8 identical error messages (4 support ships, 2 error messages each).

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Two? :wtf: I thought there'd only be one.  Did they appear back-to-back, or over intervals?  What happened to cause each error message?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
A support ship (scripted arrival and departure, so the player has no control over it) with a Perseus docked to it warps out.  I then get 2 identical error messages, back to back.  When I click on OK for the first one, it brings up the second.  Clicking OK on the second doesn't bring up a third.  I then return to the game, resume, the second support ship (of 4) warps out, and I get hit with it again.  2 messages, back to back for each support ship, for a total of 8.