Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91844 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by High Max
Why is it that when I create a derelict folder and put the BR_derelict.vp in it, I go to select mod in the launcher and it only lets me select the folder and no file appears below it? I would think that I would have to select the file as the mod. Instead, I select it and the box in Launcher 5.3 that should have the campaign's description in it is blank. This makes me assume that it isn't reading it.
The launcher selects the mod folder because the folder may contain more than one file.

The reason there's no campaign description is because Launcher 5.3 was released very recently and Derelict does not have a mod.ini file yet.
Also, there is a problem in the mission "The Stars are Right". Most of the time, I start the mission and the Irving is not attached to the docking ring, yet the targeting info says it is docked. Then 3 minutes into the mission, one of the docking rings all of a sudden turns about 180 degrees and appears about a kilometer away from its previous position and when it collides with the Meridian, it usually destroys it :D. And the other ring with the Irving on it turns almost all the way around. Then the Nyarlathotep shoots about 4 clicks straight ahead at a high speed and slows down then comes to a stop. After the docking ring with the Irving has turned almost all the way around, it stops and part of it becomes obstructed in front of the Irving, making it so the Irving keeps trying to move forward but can't go anywhere and it keeps colliding into the docking ring endlessly. This puts me in the position to where the next event is never triggered, thus I can't complete the mision unless I fail it 5 times by returning to base five times. But I consider this a last resort. I don't know if the fact that I have been playing the campaign while its vp is in the main FS2 directory has to do with this "what seems to be" bug. Please help.
This is a bug that was recently fixed.  Download a new build from the Recent Builds forum.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Goober5000
The reason there's no campaign description is because Launcher 5.3 was released very recently and Derelict does not have a mod.ini file yet.

Actually it does. No one is using them yet apart from me but I made a whole bunch which you can get from here
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Uh oh.  Put that in Mantis; it may be a SCP bug.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
As soon as a new CVS build shows up, that's when to test it.  The fix has been committed but until you can get it in a binary (or can compile it yourself) you can't test it.  I'm waiting for this to be resolved too, and it shouldn't be long until latest CVS does actually get updated.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Derelict rocks
Lightning....im always first

It has been quite a few months since derelict's voice acting has started, and I am not so sure how or when it'll be finished. Could it be an option to release the debugged version of the re-release before the voice acting is finished ?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Only mods + admins can do that, so you'd have to e-mail one of them with the file as an attachment, or upload it somewhere and post the URL.

I happen to be in the former category, so I'll try to check my e-mail later tonight if you single me out. :p
-C

Offline Kie99

To upload images go to http://imageshack.us.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline WMCoolmon

Check your PMs. :p
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

Originally posted by High Max
Why can't I attach a file in this forum or in a private message? I have an error report after exiting the last mission of the Re-release Derelect campaign. I took screenshots of the error and put it in a Word document.

Attachment: http://fs2source.warpcore.org/temp/error.zip

(There seems to be a bug with the attachment system. :wtf: )
-C

Offline WMCoolmon

I mean the forum attachment system. It wouldn't let me post it due to an access-denied error. :nervous:

So I uploaded it to warpcore instead.
-C

Offline gaberad

Hey, I'm having trouble in one of the mission in Derelict.

I'm up to the mission "said the spider to the fly". (problem within spoilers):

Spoiler:
This is the missions where you have to scan the Nayalatep and Tyulacha (I don't remember how to spell their names). After you have done so, command tells you to get out of range of the shivans, then wait for the command to return to base. Problem is, once I am out of range I get no command at all, even if I increase the game speed and let it run for a while. Is there something else I am supposed to do with the shivans, or is this some kind of bug?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Look back several pages in this thread.  I've identified how you can fix the problem.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fenrir

• ?
I've got the fixed version uploaded if anyone cares:
http://www.fileh.com/FenrirWolf/dl3-04.zip

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
What's this a fix for? (I can't be bothered to read back to figure it out) Cause if it's a bug fix for a mission or something I'll edit the first post to add it.

Offline Fenrir

• ?
It fixes a mismatched SEXP that made the mission "Said the Spider to the Fly" unable to be completed. Someone posted how to fix it and so I did so. Since lots of other people had the problem I figured I'd make use of my fileh account and upload the fixed mission.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 03:13:10 am by Fenrir »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sounds fair enough. I'll add that one straight away.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, when will everyone else finish their voice-acting? i wanna hear myself. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot

There's an easy fix to that, just PLAY your OWN samples over and over :P

"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
no, hear myself INGAME. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta