Author Topic: Vorlons and shadows  (Read 9514 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
i thought that they barely managed to beat them back? speaking of the shadows will there be a way of getting the shadow phase in and out of hyperspace to work with the growing advancements in the SCP
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Raapys

"i thought that they barely managed to beat them back?"
Well, all that is really said about it is "We beat them back and disabled the gate". Then the rouge vorlons stole the gate and went into hyperspace.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by starbug
i thought that they barely managed to beat them back? speaking of the shadows will there be a way of getting the shadow phase in and out of hyperspace to work with the growing advancements in the SCP

Probably, once cloaking is fully implimented.  Needs to be in D3D as well as OGL, and needs proper control.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
By the way, do you want a full list of ships we have seen shields effects on?

- Primus
- Whitestar
- Dreadnought
- Battlecrab
- Aurora

Yes, the standard starfury is among those we have seen some kind of shield effect...
Not to mention that the effect was seen only once. Even on Whitestar, and we have seen a Whitestar taking hits more than once. :)

Offline -Norbert-

by Raapys
However, I looked carefully, many times, on the next shot, and you cant really see the beam penetrating the Vorlon ship. And when the cruiser fly's by, you cant see any damage on the other side of the Vorlon's claw that was hit, though it wouldn't be easy to spot anyhow.

After the beam hit you see damage to the vorlon ship.
And maybe you can't see it anymore after the battel is over, because the vorlon ships are organic and reparing damage even better then the Whitestars, which are actually seen regenerating behind either Marcus or Sherridan in one episode. It's one with a commentary of JMS, so it shouldn't be to hard to find if you have the DVDs.

by Roki Vorlons Evil, ISA Evil Shadows GOOD

The greates excitement is the thrill of ballte.
The greates joy is the ecstasy of victory.

Chaos is the proper state of being where all impule is freed to act.

Chaos through warfare, evolution through bloddshed, perfection through victory!

EVOLUTION WILL BE SERVED!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 04:24:30 am by 1400 »

Offline Raapys

"After the beam hit you see damage to the vorlon ship." Yes, you do see the ship get a minor damage, but you dont actually see the shadow beam penetrating the vorlon claw. Anyways, it's not a big deal :p

In which episode was a starfury with a shield effect seen though?

There's no reason not to divert all power away from the "Shield" in the game? Since there is no shield I mean :p Unless you've made it affect the armor somehow?

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Thirdspace.

TBP fighters do have shields, but they have absolutely no effect on weapons. They do protect against explosions and shockwaves. Should you divert all your power from shields, you will notice that you will suddenly get more damage when near explosions.

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
Originally posted by Mr. Fury
Thirdspace.

TBP fighters do have shields, but they have absolutely no effect on weapons. They do protect against explosions and shockwaves. Should you divert all your power from shields, you will notice that you will suddenly get more damage when near explosions.

that's a play-balance thing, right?..
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Is Fury left it there, it's there for a reason. Trust me on this.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Originally posted by IPAndrews
Is Fury left it there, it's there for a reason. Trust me on this.

Good boy. Have a cookie.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I'd prefer some cheerleaders.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Not that again. You know what happened last time.

Originally posted by Raapys
"After the beam hit you see damage to the vorlon ship." Yes, you do see the ship get a minor damage, but you dont actually see the shadow beam penetrating the vorlon claw. Anyways, it's not a big deal :p

//www.babtech-onthe.net/vorlons/pylonhit2.jpg

Copy and paste(had http:

The shadow beam is clearly seen on the other side.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 02:54:05 pm by 648 »
"What does not kills me, makes me stronger!" -Nietzche

There is no peace, there is Anger;

There is no fear, there is Power.

There is no death, there is immortality;

There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.

Offline Raapys

Yes, on the picture I see that...Thats not visible on my episode though, I checked again when I saw your screenshot. Most strange. Could it be widescreen or something messing it up? You cant see below the Vorlon claw here, so it seems like the shadow beam miss when it starts shooting, then just scratch the Vorlonship.

Hmm, I recall Shadows/Vorlons supposed to be in 3.1. Might've been my imagination, anyways...

How will the Vorlon weapons be done? As in the energy joins up from the pylons/prongs/tentacles and fires bit?

Offline Raapys

I wonder about that too. Would be great if you managed it just like in the series. I guess that would be more of a job for the SCP though, altering how the beam fires. Can't wait for the Vorlon&Shadow ships to be included.

Offline waldi

me too thats why i started this post

Offline -Norbert-

Yes, but it didn't go through the vorlon ship. It was kind of a grazing shot (not sure if thats the right translation.
Like you get a bullet shot at your face but it hits so that it only leaves a scratch on the cheek).
And I think I remember a tiny piece of the vorlon ships hull flying away.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by Roki
Vorlons Evil, ISA Evil Shadows GOOD :) :)

Screw all the aliens. Humans ownz j00 bi7chaz!!!1111oneoneoneseven
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Terran Pride.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story