Author Topic: What do you think happens after FS2  (Read 3190 times)

Offline Riptide

What do you think happens after FS2
What do you think the answers (just out of curiousity) to the questions posed in FS2? Not that anyone knows what was really gonna happen, but just curious to see what people wanted to happen or thought might happen in continuations. Here's some questions for yah:
1: What happened with Admiral Bosch?
2: Why did Shivans respond to ETAK?
3: How would the Shivan's return in the next game?
4: What are the Shivans, and what is their purpose?
5: Will the humans open a portal to Earth?
6: If so, what do you think they will find?
7: What was the purpose, for the shivan, of the Capellan star explosion?
8: How do Terran/Vasudan relations fare after all the wars?

Offline Riptide

This is more from a theoretical storyline kind of sense. Like I said, not expecting anyone to actually have answers. Just wondering what you all thought would make a cool plot.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
You probley won't get that many respones on this subject. Most ideas are reserved for their own campaigns, whitch are kept secret.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Riptide

I know, just seeing if anyone else wanted to debate storyline quirks with me. I just am trying to figure out how all those questions could be answered together in one storyline, without being cheesy or what not.
I guess the thing that really bugs me is what happens to Bosch. I can't think of any non-cheesy way they could have brought him back or explained what happened to him.
However, on another note, I always thought it would have been cool if the humans opened the portal to Earth and found everything destroyed, and eventually found out that another subspace node stablized in sol and the shivans came through. So of course you could have the GTVA fighting to win back their homeworld and the Shivans invade into GTVA space.

Offline WeatherOp

• I forged the ban hammer. What about that?
    • http://www.geocities.com/weather_op/pageone.html?1113100476773
Lets see...  In my storyline 3 thru 8 is anwsered.
Decent Blacksmith, Master procrastinator.

PHD in the field of Almost Finishing Projects.

Offline Falcon

Re: What do you think happens after FS2
1: He died of "heart failure"
2: They wanted all the Bosh Beer
3: Through the knossos portal to earth.
4: To steal all the Bosh Beer and to get back at Bosh for spamming the Shivan networks.
5: Yes but it will fail. (see 3)
6: (see 3)
7: They like really big nebulas.
8: The Vasudans grow hungry for Human Headz again and start another war. They could have had fishes but miniture Gollums stoles it from thems......... precisoussss!

Offline Riptide

Oh.... my.... god....
That has to be the funniest response I have heard in a long time

Offline Riptide

Another thing I thought of is how I perceive the Shivans.
I kinda percieve them as a biological weapon developed by another more ancient species. Possibly a weapon of last resort. As the Halo and the "flood" are described in Halo 2, they were built by the forerunners as a weapon of last resort. So if someone came after the forerunners, the Halos would destroy all lifeforms in the galaxy.
It seems to me that the shivans pose the same sort of scenario, at least thats the way I've seen it. I mean, they have speculated the phisiology of Shivans in both games and have said they dont truly seem like a full life form. What if they are like programed organic robots, designed to wipe out other lifeforms. They could simply have been trained or 'programmed' to search for artificial subspace activity. That would lead them to a sophisticated space faring race and they could wipe them out.
Now maybe their ancient creators used the same wavelengths used in the ETAK project to control, communicate, and maintain them. Maybe the shivans percieved the signal sent by Bosch as their beacon calling them. Or perhaps the shivans once rebelled against their former masters and upon hearing the ETAK signal they searched the vessel for their makers they had not seen in many millenia.
This is the way I always had percieved the shivans since the first game, It's all opinion though, one which most people don't agree with.

Offline Riptide

4) The Shivans are a creation that each unit has been cloned many times to produce more of them and then fused with cybernetics parts; and their purpose is to obviously destroy any species that is advanced enough to use subspace, thus preventing a species from getting so advance that the Shivans themselves would be in danger and over-powered and the Shivans feel that they must remain the top of the galactic food chain. In other words, they want to remain the most advanced species and can't risk any advanced species becoming too powerful for them to handle.

I never thought of the shivans actually being a 'thinking' race per say. Personally I think it's more of a horrific and kinda frightening bad guy if they are just destroyer like demons.

Offline Striker

...lurk

Offline Riptide

These details are cited as evidence that the Shivans could not have evolved as the Terran or Vasudan species had, but that they were likely constructed by another entity.

HEY! I was right! Whoopie! Score one for me!!!

Offline Striker

No, Antares simply supports the same idea as you. You won't be "right" until :v: says you are
...lurk

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Originally posted by Riptide
What do you think the answers (just out of curiousity) to the questions posed in FS2? Not that anyone knows what was really gonna happen, but just curious to see what people wanted to happen or thought might happen in continuations. Here's some questions for yah:

1) Bosch is lab food
2) Probably responded to ETAK because it was like a mosquito sending us a signal flare, a cell phone call, and a text message all at once
3) They would return and destroy things...thats what they do
4) Purpose...see answer 3
5) Yes
6) They will find Earth, mostly as they left it, maybe with some political turmoil
7) Capella explosion?  Re-arranging subspace?  Traveling to another galaxy?  Not sure.
8) The Terrans and Vasudans go through their usual bickering and fighting...largely business as usual.  Still the common goal of defense.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
to be honest, every one of those questions and more get answered in BWO, Machina Terra, and Origins...(shameless pimpage) but they do.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline BlazeME

I alwasy thought that FS3/expansion would be the terrans returning to Earth and the ancients appearing again.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ancients are dead. FS3 was the Vasudans rebelling once Earth was openned, and destroying everything terran. Immediately before being killed off by the Shivans. :p
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
so basically it's Raa beats the crap out of everyone but then when carl doesn't get his lunch he decides to have a seafood supper?
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by ShadowWolf_IH
so basically it's Raa beats the crap out of everyone but then when carl doesn't get his lunch he decides to have a seafood supper?

Presumably. But that's when the [V] pirates come in, and kill off the shivans in a massive, climatic, BoE-ish battle of the high spacelanes with everything from Cannonballs, beam cannons, flak guns, angry pirates, screeching shivans and even the odd wet willy or two flying about in between!! To top it off, they all join together to fight a mockingbird at the end! :P

arrr! if anyone be having seafood, it be us Volition pirates, ye hear? Yaaar!!
 :P
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline HeX

• http://www.warpstorm.com
Originally posted by Riptide

1. Could be dead, could have made contact and offered the Shivans something interesting, not sure.

2. I'd say curiosity more then anything. They weren't expecting to receive any sort of understandable signal.

3. Either we stumble on them again (FS2) or they attack us again. (FS1)

4. What are they? Just another life form IMO. What is their purpose? Well I don't think they have just a purpose, I think their motivation is perhaps one of a xenophobic race. They destroy species that could threaten them in the future.

5. Definitely.

6. Friends or enemies, depending on how things went politically on Earth after loosing the only connection with the rest of the galaxy.

7. Of this I am farely adamant that it was to keep us out. Bosch activated the Knossos which opened a way into space that the Shivans obviously were already sitting in. Destroying Capella was their way of sealing off that opening and telling us to "get the $%@^ out". There may even be a connection with Bosch's contact with the Shivans and their decision to supernova Capella.

Why Capella? Perhaps their methods wouldn't work on Gamma Draconis' star. Perhaps they knew of unstable nodes in Gamma Draconis that they could use or were worried that we could use to re-enter their space.

8. I think they would be strengthened again. The show of coming to gether to once again fight a common enemy in the face of insurmountable odds would boost trust and faith between the two. Especially when together they worked to stop a faction wanting to end peace with the Vasudans. The show of putting so many resources into maintaining peace and all that.
Warpstorm
Alot's changed, but alot's still the same. Come on by and talk about anything!

Offline Falcon

How are we to know that the Anicents are gone? What if it was all a clever plot to fool the shivans or any other species to think that they were dead. Then just left through a temporary knossos portal?